1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

3A Baseball

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by BaSeBaLlLoVeR11, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Can't understand it!

I truly believe and AGREE with this. I must be losing my mind. :rolleyes4:

2. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

Glenn sent Ragsdale home last year. I do not know the Glenn kids well at all but I do know they return Parks Jordan (unc commit) and a very talented pitcher in Kevin Parrish. I'm sure there are many more talented players (no slight intended) however I just do not know that team.

3. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Its a crap shoot

We took a decent team to Greene Central two years in a row and played them when they were stacked. We beat them both times in the first round and they were clearly the more talented team both times. We made every play , got a hit everytime we had a guy in scoring posistion and they made a couple of mistakes both times. You can list who you think has the most talent. You can speculate on who you think will have the best team. But once you start playing you just never know. Who gets hot at the right time? Who has a guy or guys step up at the right time? Some kid can pitch the game of his life and his team can make every play , everytime you hammer one its right at someone and they make the play and your on the bus wondering what the hel just happened.

I believe you have to be well coached. I believe you have to have some things go your way. And I believe you have to have some match ups that favor you along the way. Heck Northern Nash could be a #3 seed coming out of that conf. And some #1 seed is going to have face Tyler Joyner in the first round. Good luck. Sometimes its more about who you dont have to play than who you have to play. And sometimes its all about catching fire at the right time. The most talented team rarely wins it. The best team rarely wins it. The most talented team that is playing the best team baseball at the most important time of the year is the team that will win it.

4. BaSeBaLlLoVeR11

BaSeBaLlLoVeR11 Full Access Member

Thanks for the info thats what i wanted to know. sounds like 3a baseball should be a good one this year!

5. BaSeBaLlLoVeR11

BaSeBaLlLoVeR11 Full Access Member

i agree with you.... great points besides last year east rowan was picked from the begginning coming up from 2a to 3 a and were predicted to take care of buisness in the npc and thats what they did all the way to the state championship where they lost to rocky mount. they were one of the most all around talented teams ive ever seen for high school.

6. mavsbaseball25

mavsbaseball25 Full Access Member

Marvin Ridge no respect? 19-5 with no seniors gets no respect. Yes I understand we lost to West Rowan but we had no seniors and a first year school? Come on now.

7. TheGame08

TheGame08 Full Access Member

Well you also have to take into account West Rowan only had one or two and finished fifth in their conference. The fact remains that the NPC is the toughest top to bottom 3A conference in Western NC. Marvin Ridge would be hard pressed to finish in the top half of that conference. This isn't to say Marvin Ridge is bad, it's just a testament to the strength of the NPC.

8. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

Coach 27 is wise!

You remember how Keanu Reeves had to dodge bullets in The Matrix? That's what a team has to do to win the 3A State Championship!

9. JM15

JM15 Moderator

i mentioned south central earlier. i gotta throw rocky mount out there too. those kids can play. i always forget they are 3A for some reason.

10. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

Not just 3A but any class.

That is why the regular season can be so critical. A number one seed from a strong league has a decent chance of facing a team with less talent in the first round. While that is no guarantee of advancement, the other teams are slugging it out with the best pitchers for each in the opening round, while top seeded teams have a good chance of advancing and then will most likely face a number two starter in the second round.

If I am from a power league and can have ¾ of the field gone before I have to play a top team or pitcher, I will take that every time.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009