1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

3A Playoffs

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by karlrocket, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jd2350

jd2350 Full Access Member

A heck of game by two quality ball teams. I agree the CC coach got greedy but hats off to NW capitalizing on the mistake, especially considering the situation. IMO, if the NW first baseman (Smith) doesn't make the tag on the runner at home and then fires down to 3b for the second out, CC probably wins.

2. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Braves what you need to know about this matchup is: If you remember a few years back there was a Morganton bunch that made it to Williamsport to the Little League World Series. The team they beat in a 3 game series to get there was a team from Waynesville. The rematch years later is Tuscola(Waynesville) vs Patton(Morganton) in the 4th round of the 3A playoffs. Something tells me this might be a revenge match. Several kids on both teams were involved in that matchup. I know that 8 of the Tuscola players were involved, Probably about the same number at Patton.

3. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Your correct Mudcat, I believe Patton has 7 off that LLWS team who are now starting as seniors on the HS team.

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Wow...I remember some of the Patton players, but I don't remember the Tuscola connection. That's amazing! The one player I remember clearly doesn't play for Patton, though......."Biscuit"

This should be a HUGE game.

5. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

How cool will this matchup be. All these years later and these kids banging heads again. Would be worth watching.

6. countryboy17

countryboy17 Full Access Member

It was good to see you again also TJ. We stopped on the way up tonight and ate fish at Johnny's so I wasn't hungry enough for that hotdog. Maybe I'll catch you at a Legion game this summer.
    Yeah, both teams left it all on the field tonight! I'm proud of the Tigers, they fought all season through different adversities and can hold their heads up!
    East Rowan is a talented ball club and deserve the win.

Here's to the Mount Pleasant Tigers Senior's:
    #3 Corey hunneycutt
    #8 Justin Filiberti
    #14 Matt Barrier
    #15 Greg Helms
    #17 Ethan Ledbetter
    #22 Wes Ross

Guys, I am always in your corner and if you need me, just call.

7. weyco2000

weyco2000 Full Access Member

I agree 100%!

8. weyco2000

weyco2000 Full Access Member

When Johnny cranks up the grill, you will leave with a full belly and a smile!

9. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

Elite Eight:

3A East:
    Hunt (23-4) @ Eastern Wayne (17-10)
    Western Alamance (20-5) @ Chapel Hill (22-5)

3A West:
    NW Cabarrus (21-9) @ East Rowan (27-2)
    Tuscola (21-3) @ Patton (23-4)

10. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

Hunt (23-4) @ Eastern Wayne (17-10)

3rd meeting between the two teams: Hunt won 6-5 & 14-9 during the regular-season. Eastern Wayne started the year 1-6 but rebounded to win the ECC regular season championship. During the first two match-ups there was alot of hitting: Hunt had 25 hits in the two games vs. Eastern Wayne's 21. Hunt used 6 pitchers in the 1st meeting, & 4 in the second. Pitching will be a key during tomorrow night's game. Hunt's ace, Zack Lee, threw 5 innings Friday night vs. Fike, while Eastern Wayne's #1 Josh Frederick threw 7 vs. West Brunswick. Who will start for both teams tomorrow night? Hunt's power numbers are pretty strong: 29 team home runs vs. 15 for Eastern Wayne. (Doesn't EW have a short fence?) Could be a factor. When you face Hunt your pitching needs to be on it's "A" game. Zack Lee, Cody Britt, Zach Houchins, Kyle Pittman, Sam Strickland, Jacob Page kick-start a pretty potent offense. Avery Harper is another good bat & probadly will be on the mound as well. Eastern Wayne is led by Fulghum, Moye, Mozingo, Ponce, Sims, & Faucette at the plate. I guess the big question for Eastern Wayne at the beginning of the season was whether they could survive the departure of John Wooten & Walker Gourley from last year's state runner-up team. They answered that question big-time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.