1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

3A Playoffs

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by karlrocket, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weyco2000

weyco2000 Full Access Member

No way should that kid have pitched today, the NCHSAA needs to adopt some rules that protect these pitchers from over use. I like the format where you play the same conference opponent twice the same week, but thats not protecting the pitchers. Look at East Rowan's pitching stats, now thats how you use your pitchers.
    http://www.maxpreps.com/high-school...st-rowan-mustangs/baseball/stats.htm#Pitching
    Notice one pitcher had 2 complete games and thats it! Some would say "they are loaded at pitching" not really, they are just well coached and not over used.

2. Rocktown Tarheels

Rocktown Tarheels NCPiedmontSports.com

Thank goodness I didn't bring my cowbell to the ER-TUS game. A Tuscola fan was tossed for ringing her cowbell. The PA announcer told the crowd that homemade noise makers were not allowed at NCHSAA games, and the woman was promptly putting the bell in her bookbag. The bell was ringing as she put the bell up, the home plate umpire came over to the fence, told her she was ringing the bell after the announcement was made, and told her to take a hike with a Rowan County Sheriff's Deputy. :chair:That fired the Tuscola fans up, boy.

3. weyco2000

weyco2000 Full Access Member

"I need more cowbell" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qWCOJPwdXw

4. chipper08

chipper08 Junior Member

East Rowan Game

Someone said she had it the other night too. Whatever! I would rather hear a cowbell, than watch some of the Tuscola players spit all during the National Anthem. They did it Thursday night and they did it today. I have read some other silly comments from some Tuscola fans about East Rowan's field and East's fans on another blog site. I know not all of their fans are like that but some of the comments were downright hateful and spiteful and written just to show how common they are. But the spitting on the field really made me mad during the singing of the National Anthem by a local Rowan County girl. It also fired up the ER players. I know my son was ticked off about it. If some of the Tuscola players were doing that as a sign of disrepect of East Rowan, their players fans and their field, that is so low-class. To spit constantly during the National Anthem is a sign of no respect for our country and what it stands for. It shows a total lack of respect for anything, if you do that during what should be a salute to our freedom and those who have sacrficed so much for all of us to enjoy being an American. It is an OBVIOUS reflection of these players' school, team,community and family. Obviously, the best team won, on and off the field. GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smiley-patriotic-fl

5. Rocktown Tarheels

Can't disagree with you on that statement. They were fired up after the woman got tossed. I had to listen to them yell at Hightower when he argued the hit batsmen in the second inning, they cursed the umpires the whole game, they made comments about Staton Field, and they called East the "Lucky"stangs when they scored in the top of the seventh. Not slamming their fans at all....just what I heard with my ears. Fans are passionate about their schools and they are a VERY passionate fan base.

6. Rocktown Tarheels

I read those comments on the "other" site...they mentioned that, too, that they would be posting on the "other" site when they got home. Staton Field is one of the best fields in the state. Definately not a cow pasture. I guess when it's not home, it's not worthy of praise. But Staton Field truly is a beautiful baseball park, without a doubt.

7. ktparstufan

ktparstufan Member

I guess the best way to retaliate is with bats and gloves, which the Mustangs did---as far as spitting during the Anthem, well, I hope that bothers the Tuscola fans and parents--they'll have plenty of time on Memorial Day to think about what it means.....AND, if they didn't like Staton Field, then I'd love to see the fields they get to play on---they must be awesome!

Way to go, East Rowan--bring home the trophy!

8. Tatertot

Tatertot Full Access Member

From what I heard Tuscola said ER was "lucky" because they scored 4 runs in the top of the seventh to go ahead and didn't get a hit. I have been to Tuscola's field and it is nice. I heard you have to run up a hill to catch a fly ball in left field at Staton!? Nice home field advantage though.

9. Tatertot

Tatertot Full Access Member

Sounds like a little league move not letting the woman watch her kid play after she put the bell up. Another example of umpires having to show their authority.

10. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Well I didn't know about the Tuscola lady getting tossed, guess I was running my own mouth at the time. Personally I don't give a crap if you bring cowbells or any other kind of bells, the game is still decided on the field. They should've let the lady stay, hell she drove 3 hours one way, just take her cowbell if they got a problem with it.

As for remarks about East being "lucky", well they did score 4 runs in last inning all with ZERO hits, but the game I was watching I saw East batters putting balls in play and East runners running to make Tuscola kids throw it, IN OTHER WORDS GOOD TEAMS MAKE THEIR OWN BREAKS, thats just my opinion. It was a tough loss, the hill in leftfield didn't have anything to do with it, Staton Field is as nice as any ballpark around, IMO the results would've been the same had they played in Yankee Stadium.

To the Tuscola folk and team, you had a helluva year, leave it at that.

As for East Rowan, I've said all year they're not flashy, they're not big physically, they don't hit homeruns,,,, all they do is pitch, play solid defense, move runners and win.

Most folks agree that pitching in HS can win ballgames, again I've said all year that East may not have the best pitcher in the state, maybe not the best 2,,,,,,, but THEY DO HAVE the best 5. They are deep on the mound, and the fact that they've won 6 playoffs games WITHOUT THEIR ACE just shows how deep they truly are. They don't drop off a bit when they change pitchers, in fact each one of them are good in different ways with different angles, speeds and movement.

http://www.salisburypost.com/Sports/053010-3A-West-Final

Last edited: May 30, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.