1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

3A West wild cards

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Susan, May 9, 2006.

1. meckfan

meckfan Junior Member

You can say the same about any of the teams left in the running for the wild card. RS Central lost to Kings Mtn three times, East Rutherford and one of the 4a schools (McDowell?). Catholic lost to Olympic three times, St Stephens, and Central Cabarrus all playoff teams and conference champions.

This doesn't include any other teams that might be in contention. Evidently, some good teams will be left out. If you win your conference or finish 2nd if that spot is available you are in. If you don't then you really can't complain.

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  2. Susan

Susan Member

i agree, but i think what i mean is that this rule encourages team to play easier non conference teams, which is NO fun!! The sad part is that our team as well as the other teams in contention I'm sure, beat many teams that will be in the playoffs, because they have such weak conferences. i can think of two teams in particular that we beat more than once and by the slaughter rule that will be in the playoffs.

i understand it wont be this way next year, but this is my oldest daughter's senior year, so it kinda stinks if they don't get to go, but yes i do understand.........that's life right?!

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

if I may.....Sue??(my wife is a Susan to most:wink:) agree its a shame and it only happened this year but hopefully it works for the best for you and or others!!

again Welcome aboard!!