1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

3A Western Playoff Brackets...

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by tj21, May 13, 2009.

1. LKNbaseballfan

LKNbaseballfan Full Access Member

I'll bet no one ever saw 250 pounds float across the air like that!!! But I think its called floundering not waffling...Next stop, "Dancing with the stars"........For a minute, I thought "Braves" was going to be right on, Tyler was on deck and I thought I was going to be sick...The 7, 8, 9 guys have come through all year. Thats what makes this team special. They truely can hit 1 through 9....

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

To watch your son placed in those type of situations...well, you described the emotion felt by all.

But I have no doubt that if Tyler was placed in that situation, that Dr Methusda would have been correct. Tyler would have been a hero! :sultan:

As it stands, I'll have to check and see what it says for the coming series

High School Playoff Games--I can't believe there is anything better to watch

3. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

I hate to break it to you guys.

I picked up my Ronco Guess-A-Matic at lunchtime today.(it was in the shop getting worked on) & this it what it spit out:

East wins 7th straight 3A Title!
    2004: West Brunswick over West Rowan
    2005: Southern Alamance over NW Cabarrus
    2006: D.H. Conley over Ragsdale
    2007: C.B. Aycock over SE Guilford
    2008: Rocky Mount over East Rowan
    2009: Eastern Wayne or Northern Nash over Lake Norman

I have to agree with the ole Guess-A-Matic. Both Eastern Wayne & Northern Nash look like potential state champions! They are both getting good pitching performances & timely hitting! Northern's pitching (Joyner & Denton) against Eastern's pitching (Wooten & company) will be a series to remember. I think the winner of this series is our next state champion! Don't blame me. Take it up with Ron Popeil.

4. tj21

tj21 Moderator

karl,,, everyone knows that one of these days the west is going to win a state title someday (refer to "blind squirrel finds a nut" theory),,,, I'm thinking it could be this year.

Btw look at those past finals, if Lake Norman DOES get by Tuscola, that will give the NPC the western representative in the state finals 4 of last 6 years, all coming from 4 different schools. Not too shabby.

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  5. OurPasttime713

OurPasttime713 Full Access Member

Interesting to me is that in the West, the team going to the state finals has always been from the "Piedmont" section of the West rather than the "Mountain" part of the West.

That trend says that LKN will beat Tuscola, but that's why they play the games!

6. BaSeBaLlLoVeR11

BaSeBaLlLoVeR11 Full Access Member

Karl seems to be hung on the eastern side..... but thats just my guess. i understand how he feels bout norther nash but if its lkn and northern nash... LKN has the better pitching and thats what it comes down to.

7. tj21

tj21 Moderator

karlrocket's ok,,,,, and OurPasttime713, actually the Piedmont area has done well since 2004, but the mountain teams did ok in the 5 years preceding that, thanks largely to a TC Roberson powerhouse...

2003- Gastonia Ashbrook State Champs
    2002- TC Roberson State Champs
    2001- Franklin State Champs
    2000- TC Roberson State Champs
    1999- TC Roberson State Runnerups

8. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

Geographically, I live between Eastern Wayne & Northern Nash High Schools in Wilson County. What do you expect me to say. Lake Norman is just as good as those two teams. Northern Nash has really improved from the beginning of the season. The 1-2 combination of Denton & Joyner has been lights -out recently. Also, the team is hitting the ball thru-out the line-up, something they couldn't say a month ago. Eastern Wayne is also very good. They've been at the top all season long. Wooten can take the team on his shoulders it seems, when they need him to. The Warriors are a very good hitting team, also, thru-out the line-up. All four 3A teams remaining have the talent to win it all!

9. BaSeBaLlLoVeR11

BaSeBaLlLoVeR11 Full Access Member

couldnt agree with you more.... all 4 teams had to beat somebody to get where they are... in that case anyone can win! thats why baseball is the best game... little things that matter the most..