1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

3A Western Playoffs

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by karlrocket, May 13, 2011.

1. mmac

mmac Junior Member

The rule is clear.

2. CharlotteQC

CharlotteQC Junior Member

Honestly I know running over someone is in the rules, but don't complain and put yourself in a bad situation and whine about it.

3. Baylee Duckdog

Baylee Duckdog Full Access Member

One up...

OK, at least it was his teammate. I saw an umpire bean a pitcher last night. (Passed ball, umpire throwing a new ball in to the pitcher --- pitcher wasn't looking and ball pinged off his noggin - he went down briefly only to stand back up and throw 100% strikes the rest of the game) -- kidding about the strikes part, but the kid was OK. Umpire last seen icing his elbow in the parking lot after the game.

4. 1down22go

1down22go Full Access Member

If there was a play...the catcher gets whatever happens. The statement of fact you noted above " there was no play at the plate" and yet he intentionally lowered his shoulder and ran into the catcher shows very bad sportsmanship. The rule is clear and he should have been tossed.

5. 4Boards

4Boards Junior Member

As I was saying.............. Catholic's schedule of cupcakes did not prepare them to make a run in the playoffs. While I am sure Stewart would be great pitcher in any league, their other pitchers who threw last night had feasted off the Waddells, Garringers and Olympics of the world and were not prepared to face a 3rd Round playoff type opponent - while Marvin Ridge spent the year playing in the very tough SCC and playing AK, Cuthbertson, South Meck, Butler, Hopewell and Country Day in non conference games.

6. CharlotteQC

Did you watch the game? Marvin played their best game all year, and Collin Manning is going to Holy Cross as a pitcher. Catholic had 6 errors and played one of their worst defensive games all year and still had a chance to win and bring it close.

@TMC, I'm not sure how you can see he wasn't on the plate if the runner hit him while coming home. That usually leads to him standing on the plate. :grlaugh:

7. 4Boards

4Boards Junior Member

8. DLGross

DLGross Junior Member

Which Rule

MMAC, since i'm just a fan and not an umpire, i do not have all of the rules memorized or a copy of the rule book. Would you please provide a reference to the specific rule that you are thinking about.
    thanks

9. TMC10

TMC10 Junior Member

Rule

Here is the rule taken from the new rules powerpoint available on the nchsaa.org website:

Flagrant Contact: Added to the Ejection Policy; includes excessive contact out-of-bounds or away from playing action that is unwarranted and/or extreme in nature. Examples are maliciously running over the catcher/fielder without attempting to avoid contact, etc.

10. CharlotteQC