1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

3rd Round Matchups & Predictions

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by WCU4Life, May 20, 2006.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

:D...that's funny

But it's hard for an opposing team to feel too comfortable playing at Davie. They are always "off the chain"

To the Davie crowd....just kidding folks. But you guys have a reputation of not sitting on your hands:229031_ha

The talent level across the state is so strong that any team can be beaten, but North Forsyth has a great team with some great big time players...and when a game is on the line, "big time players make big time plays"

2. SuperJon

SuperJon Full Access Member

AJ will be back to form on Tuesday night. Rich Park should be completely packed with how close the two schools are, not to mention the numerous people that are out of the playoffs that are going to make the drive to Mocksville (I may be one of them).

3. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

Your right he is something else and very tough, but keep in mind he did take the "L" when ACR beat them AT South Caldwell earlier this year. It can be done.

4. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

if you can get those Legion boys to make hot dogs and hamburgers, i'll be there!

btw....Rich Park is one my favorite places to catch a game but i cant hack the sunshine in the third base stands on a hot summer evening. i still love that place tho.

5. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Hey Braves....did someone say food.....:woot:

6. millhouse037

millhouse037 Junior Member

The A.C Reynolds South caldwell game is going to come down to who makes the fewest errors. When A.C made errors at their place earlier in the year south won and when south made errors at home against AC they lost. Both Bungarner and Runion wont give up to many earned runs. And the runs Bungarner gave up when he got the loss were uneraned if i remeber right.
    Whoever wins this game is going all the way, with the pitching these two teams have it would be "almost" imppossible to beat them in a best of 3 matchup even if the team they would be facing would happen to be 28-0.

7. Spartanbaseball14

Spartanbaseball14 Jballer

Also remember the win for SC at ACR and the Conf. Tour. win at M.S. Deal....SC can get it done too!!!!!

8. rocketrowdie

rocketrowdie Junior Member

i agree. the matchups so far this year have been decided on who can make the fewest errors. i wasnt at the conf. tourney game so im not sure about that one but the two important regular season games were decided on errors. i have a feeling it will be the same way.

i also agree with the other comment. it will be very hard to beat south caldwell and acr in the 3 game series. when you have two great starting pitchers like runion and howell and bumgardner and poovey then it will make it very difficult. even if it goes into a 3rd game acr and sc will probably feel comfortable with their 3rd pitchers, acr's durner. they both have strong bullpens as well if any of the starters needed relief

i havent seen north forsyth or davie this year but it will be very hard to beat sc or acr in the 3 game series. i will also say winner wins state

9. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

North Forsyth also has a pretty dirty 1-2 punch...Addison Johnson(Clemson) and Jamie Serber(High Point) also they can use Wes Hobson and Dustin Ackley has been their biggest asset in the playoffs this year with great relief apperances....I dont know who will win it in the west but I will say that about 6 of the North Forsyth players have been playing together since they were 12 and they won the 13u AAU National Championship...so these boys know how to win...good luck to the final 4 in the West

North over Davie with Addison and Jon McDaniel going at each other...North wins in extras

South Caldwell over ACR

good luck to all teams

10. Skeem 11

Skeem 11 Junior Member

I have played with Johnny Mac for the past 4 years he always is ready to throw no matter how many innings he pitches the kid is a Machine! It is actually pretty amazing his arm is never bothering him, im gonna go with the upset here! Go DC!!!!:ylsuper: :ylsuper: