1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

3rd Round Playoff Scores

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Mudcat, May 18, 2007.

1. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

NNash advances to Sectional 3A East Finals

Northern Nash 9 Southern Alamance 0

WP: Tyler Joyner tossing 6 innings allowing 3 hits
    Andrew Webb tosses a perfect 7th inning

all 9 batters either had a hit an rbi or scored a run tonight

The best part of the night was Coach Kenny May breaking a lantern at Mama's Restaurant at the celebration party hosted by RS and wife

2. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

My bad

I guess I got a little excited about the big win for Northern Nash! Really I just went to get out of the house because its tough to sit around and rethink that tough loss last night. I spent the day at NC State Clemson and then went to see Northern Nash Southern Alamance. Northern Nash is playing outstanding baseball. They have two really good starters on the hill in Woodley and Joyner. And they have another outstanding player in Andrew Webb who also can pitch really well. Top to bottom they are really swinging the bats and they are playing outstanding defense. It should be a really good game Tuesday night against Harnett Central who is on quite a roll. Good luck to both teams.

3. TROCK

TROCK Full Access Member

Central Davidson vs West Lincoln

Central Davidson 6
    West Lincoln 9

WP Curtis Cook

West Lincoln will host Ledford (Tuesday 5-22-07)

4. TROCK

TROCK Full Access Member

Polk County vs Cherryville

Polk County 1
    Cherryville 2

Cherryville will travel to Avery County (Tuesday 5-22-07)

5. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

It was a frustration party for Coach May, not a celebration party. Northern Nash is looking good right now. The big thing for them is that they are playing loose & relaxed. They have a lot of confidence in their pitching which has been lights out the last couple of weeks. Teams are just not going to score much on Woodley & Joyner. I anticipate a very good matchup in the eastern finals with Aycock & N. Nash. Also, how 'bout those Fike Golden Demons. Making it to the 4th round with only one senior. Bentley Massey is really throwing well for Fike. Fike has used a somewhat hard to figure pitching rotation this year, but the kids have apparently gotten accustomed to it, and are doing well. In the last game with Aycock, Fike took them to extra innings.