1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

4A Playoff Schedules and Scores

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by homerun, May 19, 2003.

1. beenaround

beenaround Junior Member

4A playoff

Any specifics to the Butler game, or is it just the Bowen girl doing her thing? Is she the only pitcher that Butler uses? How will BUtler stack up at the next level?

2. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

Beenaround

North meck threatend with the short game a couple of times, but we were able to shut it down, with out any runs being scored.
    As with all the top teams pitching is the key, and Bo has been rock solid all season.
    As for our chances at the next level, only time will tell, Come on out to Butler Tuesday May 27th. at 7 PM. and see for yourself, and if you do, stop by the dugout and say hi.
    Each rung of the ladder gets a little more slippery, and we need to keep increasing our focus, performance and desire to get to Raleigh.
    I still say that whatever team gets there from this area will win it all. the level of competition in the SWAAAA and MECA-8 is awsome. and any of three or four teams from here could make the trip.

Last edited: May 25, 2003
  3. beenaround

beenaround Junior Member

4A playoff

You're right, the Bowen girl has gotten smarter and better over the years, I was impressed with her two years ago and more so now. I would love to see the game on TUesday, but leaving Wednesday for my Son's wedding out of town. I know the Butler field very well, both bids for state for my daughters team ended there in 2000 & 2001. Good luck!

Like I always say sometimes, you get what you deserve! ;)

4. CCHSvikefan81

CCHSvikefan81 Full Access Member

Central Cabarrus 1 Myers Park 0
    WP- Gina Allen - no hitter , Teresa Nicholas RBI double bottom of 1st , O'Conner was awesome too only giving up 2 hits both in the first.

5. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Hopewell 3
    Butler 0

6. Softballn08

Softballn08 Member

The Butler/Hopewell game was much closer than the score says. It went 10 innings, with Kay Rawlinson getting a bases loaded, line-drive triple between left and center field. Both teams fought hard, and it could have gone either way.

Hopewell will play @ Central Cabarrus on Friday... not sure on the time.

7. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

4A

5/30/03
    Hopewell vs Central Cabarrus suspended after 11 innings with the score tied at 1 because or darkness. Game to resume Saturday 5/31/03 at 12 noon @ Central Cabarrus.

8. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Hopewell 2
    C. Cabarrus 1

13 innings

9. GoHARDGoHOME

GoHARDGoHOME Junior Member

TITAN - CENTRAL OUTCOME

Hopewell was awfully close to a return trip to the N.C. 4A girls' softball Final Four on Friday. But North Carolina-bound catcher Theresa Nicholas hit a dramatic seventh-inning home run to help Central Cabarrus tie the Titans at the end of regulation.The teams played four extra innings before officials called the game for darkness. Tied at 1, the teams will pick up their state quarterfinal today at five at Central Cabarrus.

The outcome of the Titan Central game ended in a Titan Victory leaving them to the Championship in Raleigh this weekend!

10. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

Raleigh 4A

June 6 2003

Hopewell 10, NW Guilford 0 (5)