1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

4A Scouting Report: 2004 Season

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NCBBallFan, Nov 25, 2003.

1. HEAT

HEAT Full Access Member

there are alot more than just one or two good players that people "will be watching" on each team this upcoming year.

the cpc should be strong again this year....and one or two players won't be able to carry the load for any team this year. it'll come down to the coaching staff and how they use their talent to their best ability...in other words...no under achieving

I don't want to piss off any players or dads, but IMO I think the conference belongs to either Reynolds or South Rowan in 2004. both coaches are top notch and know how to win, and both teams defenitely have the talent to go far

2. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

good post heat,
    who do you follow?? i believe all the teams in the cpc are contenders this year. all are well coached, and have pretty good talent. should be a great year to watch the cpc.

3. HEAT

HEAT Full Access Member

catamount:

I like to follow all of the teams in the CPC, Metro-4A, the Southwest 4-A in Charlotte, as well as Mountain Valley 2-A.

But on your point about the coaches in the CPC, you're right, the teams are ALL well coached...I don't know all of the coaches but I know they take high school baseball seriously and develop the kids to reach their full potential...i know most of the teams, especially West Forsyth, have sent alot of their kids to the next level year in and year out, North Davidson as well, and alot of other schools in the CPC are beginning to follow in their footsteps. this conference seems to keep getting better every year with the coaching and the dedication put in to winning, as well as the talent level that keeps continuing to grow, and it should be fun to see how things play out.

4. NC-dad

NC-dad Full Access Member

Welcome to the board Heat!

I'll be posting about alot of the Triad teams this spring-Any one who wants to help will be welcomed! Especially since I have a job now!:D

5. homerun4

homerun4 Full Access Member

I MAY BE OFF BASE BUT I DO NOT THINK REYNOLDS IS THE TEAM TO BEAT IN THE CPC I THINK IT IS ANYBODYS CONFERENCE TO WIN I THINK WEST FORSYTH IS THE TEAM TO BEAT AND DAVIE COUNTY IS ON THE VERGE OF BEING A POWER ONCE AGAIN COULD BE THE YEAR FOR NORTH DAVIDSON I DO NOT THINK THE TALENT LEVEL IS ALL THAT GREAT BUT IT WILL BE VERY BALANCED COACHING WILL PLAY A BIG PART ON WHO WINS THIS CONFERENCE.

6. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

What's the outlook this season for East Forsyth? Any detailed reports out there?

7. Caroliner

Caroliner Full Access Member

Since it's been a week, I'm going to go ahead and post and let NC-dad or others come back and edit it..

I think the Metro 4A will be interesting this year because of the apparent absence of a dominant team. East Forsyth lost 5 seniors, 4 of those being impact players. Those 4 included CF, LF, SS, C and a starting pitcher, so it will be difficult to replace, especially all that up the middle.
    I'm not exactly sure of the pitching rotation but it will probably be pretty quick getting back to the #1 slot. Ryan Basham, Adam Collins and Andrew Flynt all return with varsity innings under their belt but Collins and Flynt will definitely be depended on more in key games than they were last year while Basham will need to have another outstanding year.
    Kevin Mattison takes over for Tesh in CF and brings back the best bat in the lineup. Drew Dull will assumably split time at 1B and C and will need to have a big year at the plate as well.
    Other than Brandon Lawson and Mattison and maybe Garrett Keener, speed may be hard to find in the order so extra base hits will be valuable, and Mattison, Dull and Basham are all capable of doing that. They are going to have to hit their way around the bases. Flynt is also a hitter capable of doing damage. Other than this group of returners, the wildcard is always the production of underclassmen coming up to varsity this year. But it always begins with the seniors in the form of leadership and example. That will go a long way in determining their season.
    At this point, East could either win the Metro or finish 3rd or 4th and I'm wondering if there will be very much difference between the 1st and 4th place teams this year.
    North Forsyth lost a lot of pitching but has a very talented young team and will probably surprise some people who thought they lost everything.
    Northwest Guilford may be the best team. They definitely have one of the top catchers in the state(I think) in the form of Huston Summers, a junior.
    Greensboro-Page, although missing one of their lefty pitchers till later in the season, should be good if Adam Daufeldt can control games likes he's capable. But I will let someone who knows more about those schools report on them.
    I think it will be interesting...

8. NC-dad

NC-dad Full Access Member

Thanks Caroliner! I agree the big question if they will be able to nail down the shortstop position before conference time. It will be interesting. I'm ready for the real Ball!

9. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Hopewell has been hit very hard by injuries. One senior is out with TJ surgery and two juniors that the were counting on are also down for awhile, one with an ACL and the other with a fracture.

Hopewell has very good depth. They should be competitive, even with the injuries and have possibly the best 3-4 hitters in the conference. This will still hurt them.

10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

NC- what are the names of the players with injuries and who are the best 3-4 hitters in the conference?