1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

4A State Champ Predictions

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by 007, May 10, 2005.

1. BaseballMan

BaseballMan Full Access Member

Looking at who is left

Eight teams left and some GREAT matchups coming up and some really good teams already finished. In the East, Rose and Conley have to survive the Triangle teams with their #2s on the mound to set up a showdown next week with Edens and Bullock facing off. Wakefield and Millbrook are very good teams that are done. Lumberton and Ashley now play for the third time and Hoggard will try to derail a strong Scotland team. Pinecrest, Richmond and Swett are good teams that are done.
    Out west it looks like a wide open shootout. C. Cabarrus had the biggest surprise with its whipping of ACH. Watch out for them. S. Meck really coming on strong now.

2. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Don't be surprised by Central Cabarrus ... these guys are really dangerous. The top 4 teams in the Meca 8 spent all season beating up on each other. Central was always the best hitting team all season long.

In the West for Round #2:
    Independence vs North Davidson: Wes Elkins should return from his ankle injury. Indy has enough bats to carry them into the 3rd round.

West Forsyth vs Person: West and Person are both good teams. Could go all the way.

Providence vs Central Cabarrus: The winner of this game could represent the West in States.

East Mecklenburg vs South Mecklenburg: Advantage South. This is the team that South wants, after already facing them 3 times. EM may have a psychological advantage, but South wants revenge.

3. EagleTimeMom

EagleTimeMom EagleTimeMom

Whats new. East getting no chance from anyone to win another game. We beat North, but it must have been a mistake or a miracle from god. South wants revenge but East will definately be ready to play.

4. Hapi2BMe

Hapi2BMe Full Access Member

Never said you had no chance - my gosh, you beat South 3 times.!!!!!:229031_ha
    Its just that East is the match up that South wants simply because of the butt whipping East has put on them 3 times already. No cocky predictions. No brash statements - East is good and we ALL know it. Its just that from South's perspective, the monkey they must get off their back is East. And now they must. This one is for keeps.
    But anyone who knows me/us knows that we have the utmost respect for Coach G, his coaches and his boys - Smith, Tate, Hoff, Alter, Savago, Schumer, McNichols...crap, I' m sick of naming them all. But I do love them. Watched em grow up for Pete's sake. They are great kids. They are solid!!!!!!!!!They are THE team to beat right now. Who else would South want if they were trying to prove something? If they dont beat East, the season is done. That's all that is meant. Zero disrespect meant. It is impossible for South to think East is easy or overrated. Not after 3 tail kickins!!!!! Not after they beat the team many thought was the "favorite" from the West - North Meck.
    And who gives a rats behind who anyone thinks is "favored"? PLay the game. That's the true test.

Last edited: May 18, 2005
  5. PhillyDave

PhillyDave Senior Member

Would not surprise me one bit if East Meck beats South Meck again. East has there number and they know it. It's just like when the Carolina Panthers and the Atlanta Falcons play, doesn't matter how good the Panthers are, they just cannot figure out a way to beat the Falcons. While South may be deeper than East, coach has done a great job getting these boys ready to play. No one, and I mean no one, picked East to go this far at the beginning of the season. It would be nice to have a little respect, because this team has earned it.
    You're right Hap, just play the game.
    Should be fun to watch, .............again. :ylsuper:

Last edited: May 19, 2005
  6. Hapi2BMe

Hapi2BMe Full Access Member

One more note before I head out to work -You have my respect. I picked East to beat, not upset, North Meck. Seen Greeson enough to know. (My oldest son played for Chet when he was at South, later played in college, and contends to this day that Greese is the best infield coach he ever had at any level!!!)

Seen Alter too. When you let him dictate, you are asking for it. No one, and I mean no one I know from South disrespects East Meck. There may have been a little cockiness early in the season, but 3 losses, losses that cost you a conference championship and a shot at the conference tourney championship more than have South's attention and respect. They also are great grounds for motivation. Thats all that is being said. There is however no harm in wanting to win or in wanting to play them again. That certainly is not disrespectful. And as I said in the preseason - the game aint played on paper. On the field, South is 0-3 vs East. Last year, on the field, East went 0-3 vs South until the conference tourney. And one of my favorite players ever, Ben B, stuck it to us. He sure didn't think losing a 4th time was an option. That's how the great ones play and think.
    This one will be fun to watch.
    Enough rambling by me. See yo Friday (or Sat if it rains)

Last edited: May 19, 2005