1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

4A State Title Predictions

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by baseballman12, Nov 4, 2007.

1. aguyyouknow

aguyyouknow Yogi Fan

AK or whatever their name is.....

Because High School is a 2x a week deal I like Ardrey Kell a lot. Alex Wood and Jordan Darnell are going to make for a very formidable duo in the SW4A.

2. Dawgswood

Dawgswood Full Access Member

Doesnt matter cause you cant spell that either:laugh4:

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yep..that's true. I can't even pronounce it correctly...and I struggle with Ardrey, too :23:B-a-l-l-a-n-t-y-n-e ...Ballentyne

Oh...and I agree; Darnell/AWood will be two of the best in the state. Plus, they have a (for you old timers) Kevin Spain look-a-like with a lefty by the name of Miller (I believe that's his name). I just remember him as a strike machine

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  4. chinmusic22

chinmusic22 The Sheriff

Ardrey-Kell does also have a crafty left by the name of Andrew Miller (LHP) that is tough to beat. I saw him pitch a couple times over the summer and this kid really competes. Doesn't throw as hard as the other Andrew Miller :goofy:but he's a tough one to beat.

5. 3play

3play Full Access Member

This Saturday

I look forward to watching Wood and Darnell at the Futures Game.

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

dadgummit...that's him. Thanks chinmusic!!! You are right. That kid is tough on the mound. Ask Bags about Spain, he will tell you that Miller is a clone.

7. AK ALL THE WAY

AK ALL THE WAY Junior Member

Ardrey Kell!!!

This team is loaded!
    Ryan Stetson - CF; All-SW4A, First Team All Mecklenburg
    Jordan Darnell - P/1B; All-SW4A, Second Team All Mecklenburg

With Darnell, Wood, and Miller on the mound, no one can stop them!

8. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

hmmm...

:lurk5:look for a team out of the EAST to surprise all!:lurk5:

9. throw90

throw90 Full Access Member

I agree that North Davidson will be tough.I think they have good enough pitching to go along way.Also I hear that a player from Glenn is on the way and a very good player from East Forsyth.We will soon see if this happens.It seems that Glenn is losing a lot of very good players.Mount Tabor will be very good also.I think they are very good on the mound.I know the lefty Is very good and they had some players on J. V. who will help.I cant remember names so forgive me.I do know thw name of the players who are going to tranfer to N.D.Let me say that I hear that from other people but not direct from the players parents.I will say if it does happen N. D.will be very very good.Just my thought.

10. superwright

superwright Full Access Member

Scotland High

Scotland High will go far in the playoffs this year or they might just win the State. The have an outstanding senior class and some very talented juniors. Tyler Barnes (Sr) CF/P, Blake Murray (Sr) SS, Kevin Norton (Jr) 2B/SS, Ricky Usher (Sr) C/DH, Ryan Walker (Jr) C/DH, Matt Quick (Sr) OF, Paul Adams (Sr) 1B, Walk Clark (Jr) 3B, Harley Locklear (Sr) DH, Andrew Sutton (Sr) OF, Myron Mclean (Sr) RH P, Roberts (Sr) LH P, Tyler Wood (Sr) LH P, Matt Morgan (Sr) LH P, Phillip Williams (Jr) LH P and Ryan Pierce (Jr) RH P. This team is loaded with LH pitchers....it's incredible how many LH pitchers they have on one team. Most teams might have one or two but Scotland has four seniors and three juniors LH pitchers. I might be missing one or two as well.
    The hitters....T. Barnes, R. Usher, R. Walker, M. Quick, Adams, H. Locklear & Kevin Norton they all can hit the ball hard and consistently.
    The pitchers....McLean will be the ace, throwing up to 88 mph. If he works hard between now and spring, could touch 90 mph. His movement is outstanding. 2nd pitcher will probably be a toss up between Roberts, Wood & Morgan...it's just who works the hardest between now and spring. All throwing low to mid 80's. Pierce could be a force on mound with all that breaking stuff....hopefully, his arm will hold up.
    Fielders....Murray at SS is outstanding and Norton at 2B will make it an unhittable area up the middle. Not sure if the coaches will play Norton at 2B because they have played someone else at that position. They need to make this move if they want to succeed, though. The old 2B needs to move to OF, this will make a #1 team in State! Inside information. Walt at 3B will make the infield solid that was missing last year.
    CF held down by Barnes who can travel all areas with ease. With Sutton & Quick in OF this will make a solid defence.
    Catchers....This is a toss up with senior Usher and junior Walker. They will probably split the times. Both are good receivers! Both have strong arms, don't try to run. Walker has the edge with the bat but Usher can hit as well!

Note: This team could be better than the 2006 State 4A Championship team. This year, this team will be undefeated unless they slip up at Pinecrest or if they pitch to Cory Ayers at Richmond Sr High. Walk him every time!

At this point in time, no one from this team has committed to any college yet....so college coaches you need to be out early March to snag these players or call a contact person and get them on your campus now.