1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

4A West Bracket - Round 3 Fri 5/16

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Dawgswood, May 13, 2008.

1. Dead Red

Dead Red Junior Member

Don't count out the Warriors!

Don't be quick to count Weddington out as I don't think they are a Cinderella team at all. I think they got off to a slow start this year, but are peaking at the right time and are just reaching their potential. They have more than Pilkington as a quality pitcher with Watkins being able to shut down most teams. They also play well enough defensively to win most games, and they have very few weaknesses in their offensive lineup. Don't be surprised to see a Weddington win over S. Caldwell. Messer throws a great game, but he'll have to throw his best to beat the Warriors. Can't wait to watch these two teams go at it on the field!!!

2. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

I look for Mr. Moore from Watauga to be back on the mound Friday night and I think that he will give North Davidson fits at the plate. Jon Sharpe is a very very good pitcher and will be a horse next year as well for the Pioneers! You're talking about a young man who is already up around 90 with a sharp duece!

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Cinderella story, not team. Guys walking on crutches, guys struggling with injuries, losing your coach during the season. Coming from 4th place in the conference to win the conference tournament. C'mon, this is a great story!

4. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

Fairy tale ending?

Your right Coach May.

5. baseballx3

baseballx3 Full Access Member

Weddington

Great story and these guys play with heart, but to win the next one they are going to have to play a lot more cleanly than they did last night. Too many mistakes on bases and too many errors defensively. They got away with them yesterday in part because Pilkington pitched them out of jams and in part because they were able to capitalize on the mistakes made by S. Meck. Overall it was a pretty sloppy game. They have a couple of days to work out the kinks before having to face SC Friday. Watkins will be on the mound and you can be sure he will bring some intensity to this one.

I have no prediction on the outcome, but I do know these guys will leave it all on the field. This is baseball and anything can happen. That's why we play the games. I am really hoping for a great, hard fought, cleanly played game that comes down to the last out to determine the winner.

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Attached Files:

7. Eagles 1313

My Winners then...still in red haha

Adrey Kell
    Watauga
    Providence
    South Caldwell

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  8. itslife

itslife Full Access Member

Courageous picks (i could not us the word Brave)

Eagles is my new best friend! I agree with every pick.

9. Eagles 1313

I do not know a lot about Ardrey Kelly except that they have Hal Bagwell and he's good for a least 2 runs knowing that he's coaching. Providence beat West Forsyth and West had a good team so I will see them as "upsetting" although its playoff time and nothing is an upset anymore. South Caldwell is South Caldwell they are very hard to beat this year. And for Watauga, they beat us last night with class and have always had class. As for ND I'm sorry but I know many of the Eagles on that team last night wanted a shot at ND and wanted to prove to Mr. Hanover that they are the real deal this year, but we didn't make it so, I will pull for Watauga because I really think they are playing great baseball and have a lot of the tools to not only win Friday, but to play South Caldwell for a best 2 out of 3!

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  10. DancingInTheStands

DancingInTheStands Full Access Member

March 5. Hopewell 4 Providence 2; WP Waters, LP Baker

You're right about Shaffer being awesome, but hey, at this level, every day is a new day, and anything can happen! Guess you'll be in Huntersville Friday night, one way or another. They both should be great games....Enjoy!