1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

4A West Wild Cards

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by mincmi, May 3, 2007.

1. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

Only teams in the west will be considered for Wild Cards. I just asked that question directly to the NCHSAA.

2. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

Soouthern,

Who did you talk to at NCHSAA? That is contridicting what South Meck Coach Jurceka was told by the NCHSAA rep that he was talking to this morning.

3. SoutherNo1

I talked to Pam Juranas in Men's Sports. It makes no sense to me to fill the west slots with any eastern teams.

4. SoutherNo1

If Ardrey Kell finished ahead of Indy, and S. Meck, then they would be considered for a WC first. You cannot jump ahead of anyone in your conference for a WC simply based on overall record.

5. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

AK did finish ahead of both Indy and SM, but the SW4A has 5 births. AK is in as a conference qualifier.

6. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

As a SM fan I hope Pam is correct, that only teams from the west will be considered.

Myself believe that the remaining best from either side should fill the field, though travel logistics may make that unreasonable.

7. WYLIE00

WYLIE00 Junior Member

West wild cards

I know last year the wild cards were only from the region they were designated for. The reason that there are wild cards to begin with is because the west only has 26 automatic births and the east has 33. So if the east were to recieve some of the wild cards they would be sending more teams to the playoffs than the west. This is not what the NCHSAA wants, they want a equal amount of teams from the east and the west as it has been for years. The west wild cards go to the west teams this will balance the number of teams.

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Speaking of Delusions of Grandeur, as much as I respect the kids playing for these teams, how can one honestly believe that Garinger and Harding should be participating....while others are left out. I understand the why's, but I don't like the reasons.

9. aguyyouknow

aguyyouknow Yogi Fan

I've Arrived!

I've Arrived! I finally got Dbacks and Braves both seeing things my way. And all in one day too!

10. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Miracles never cease to amaze me....:daisy: