1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

7/23-25 Impact Baseball Showcase @ UNC

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by SouthLoop, Jul 16, 2003.

1. SouthLoop

SouthLoop S.Charlotte BB Researcher

Updated Charlotte '04 high school players attending the Impact Showcase event adding a couple of North Meck players:

Alex Martin - Providence - LHP-OF
    Carl Krimminger - Waddell - RHP-1B
    Ben Buchanan - East Meck - RHP
    Matt Barker - Providence - 3B-RHP
    Joseph Cutler - Providence - RHP
    Kyle Shelton - South Meck - SS/2B/3B
    Ben Beard - Hopewell - SS
    David DeSilva - Waddell - 2B
    Greg Little - Providence - 2B
    Brandon Stanford - South Meck - Catcher
    Tim Kramer - Myers Park - Catcher
    A.J. Mason - Providence - LHP-OF
    Kevin Dietrich - Providence - OF
    Ryan Jones - Providence - RHP-OF
    Mike Cavasinni - North Meck - OF-2B
    Sam Pierce - North Meck - RHP-SS

2. sugarjet

sugarjet Full Access Member

I think some players may have had to pick on event be it Impact Showcase or Blue/Grey. I will ask Chris next time I am with them. But I do believe him to be an extemely talented catcher both behind the plate and with the bat!

3. SabreFan

SabreFan Faithful Fan

I saw some Charlotte area players listed in the Blue-Grey Classic V National Battle of the States I in St. Petersburg, FL for this coming weekend but I don't know anything about the players from the Team Carolina listed. Below are Charlotte area players playing in St. Petersburg this coming weekend on Team Carolina. Does anyone know where the below players attend high school other than Ryan Pflum?

Ryan Pflum - Weddington High
    Kyle Eudy
    Billy Celtruda
    Josh Chaney
    Todd Eberhart
    Jason Webb
    Kris Ty Gwyn
    Matt Amstrong
    Jon Cook
    Chris Zachodski
    Will Irwin
    Shane Earnheart
    Michael Bowman

Last edited: Jul 22, 2003
  4. rcbbfan

rcbbfan Full Access Member

sugarjet, you're right, Chris Taylor is a very talented catcher. I feel certain that the only reason he's not listed on the roster for the Impact Showcase is that he has other priorities. Chris is currently listed on Impacts 2004 Follow List as one of 6 catchers. If he had wanted to attend their showcase, I'm sure they would've been glad to have him.
    Chris is currently playing with the On Deck Os and doing well. I saw him at the State Games where he gave a very good account of himself both behind the plate and with the bat. He's a great kid, some college is going to be lucky enough to get him on their roster.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2003
  5. SouthLoop

Due to inclement weather, the 7/23-25 Impact Workout and Game schedules are being revised at this time. Could someone/anyone please post these revisions if you get word of them? Thanks...

6. sugarjet

The teams hit inside today, and as far as I know they are going to start at 8:00 am tomorrow with todays schedule. Will know for sure after dinner... will keep you posted.

7. SouthLoop

Thanks sugarjet:
    Please post workouts and game schedules when and if you get them tonight.:wavey:

8. SabreFan

SabreFan Faithful Fan

After having to skip the majority of the scheduled workouts for all of the teams today @ Boshamer Stadium @ Chapel Hill due to inclement weather (with hitting only inside today), I believe that Impact will proceed with the game showcase schedule as originally scheduled for Thursday, weather permitting.

8:00am - Royal vs. Green
    10:30am - Grey vs. Blue
    1:00pm - Gold vs. White
    3:30pm - Green vs. Grey
    6:00pm - Gold vs.Royal
    8:30pm - Blue vs. White

The majority of the Charlotte area players are listed on the Gold team's roster. There are approximately about 130 NC, SC, GA & TN players listed on the 6 Impact team rosters.

Game passes will be sold for $10 which includes all 6 games on Thursday (12&U free).

Last edited: Jul 23, 2003
  9. SabreFan

SabreFan Faithful Fan

Just heard that Zac Kennedy, an '05 player from South Meck (OF-IF), is on the Blue team's roster @ the Impact Showcase event.

10. sugarjet

Sorry this is so late, but just found out that they are going to remain with the schedule as is at Impact Showcase. Thursday's schedule will remain as is. They may try to make up today's games on Friday afternoon, or may just not play Friday's games. I will let you know more as I find out more! Many of the kids in this area are on the Gold Team I think.... they play at 1:00 on Thursday.