1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

7/23-25 Impact Baseball Showcase @ UNC

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by SouthLoop, Jul 16, 2003.

1. Up and In

Up and In Full Access Member

Sorry about the abrupt ending. My computer messed up.

Andy- You are the man and I speak for all high school baseball players in this region when I say THANK YOU for all that you do. Your dedication to what you do is very much appreciated (actually underappreciated )and not only that, you do it the best! I have enjoyed running into you at various locations and talking baseball with you. If you ever need anything at all just hollar. And oh yeah, dont let the Mrs. slow you down too much.

2. rattdd

rattdd Full Access Member

This is all well and good, but what about the young men that have played outside of NC(like on a SC or GA team). They are only promoting within NC. Also, what about the young men that were invited to Impact, but had prior committments, and sent in their profiles. If you do not have the time or the money to take in Impacts Showcase tourneys, then it seems like you get skipped over.

3. sugarjet

sugarjet Full Access Member

If a kid is from NC, and more recently SC, and he can play at the next level andy has probably heard of , if not seen him. He travels extensively throughout this region to promote baseball and to be a resource to the many college recruiters who may have a need.
    As for playing in SC or GA, they probably play in hig profile events that stand on their own. He still probably knows of them and would love to have them come at a later date, ie. Fall showcase.

Unfortunately we all try to choose the "right" or "best" places to play and be seen. When it's all said and done, who knows where is the best.

Given the chance I believe Andy will always promote any kid, be it a subscriber or showcase participant or not. That is what makes Andy different, in my opinion.

We as parents want our kids to play for the love of the game... Andy sure seems to do what he does for the sheer love of the game, helping alot of deserving kids along the way.

4. rcbbfan

rcbbfan Full Access Member

rattdd, my son has never attended an Impact Showcase, nor has he even met Andy Partin, but he is listed on Impacts 2004 Follow List. Just one example that they don't have to attend their showcases to be reconized.

5. Chief

Chief Braves Assistant

rc---that's because Andy subscribes to Brave"s Clients list. :D

6. NC-dad

NC-dad Full Access Member

I just have a comment or question for all the people slamming Andy Partin.

How many scouts and or college coaches have looked at your son before attending the Impact?
    Now do you think it was worth attending wheather he made the "Select Game" or not!
    Along with TBR - Impact Baseball has been the best thing to happen for NC kids in along time!

I think most people who have a clue about NC Baseball could have almost named the "Select Teams". These kids have earned respect for stepping up to the challenge time and time again!

There will always be new kids stepping up and getting on the so called "RADAR"! There also will be kids who will return home and work harder to try to get to the level needed to play college baseball. To these kids the cost is priceless!