1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

8-31 Scores...

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by bigdan, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Freedom Sball

Freedom Sball Full Access Member

why

You guys loose to Mitchell, East Rutherford, and Enka and you have to throw in a cheap shot on the 4A being down... Come on Dan- I thought Freedom hung in there tonight and played hard against a good team. The losses against the teams we are playing will make us better. We've played defending champ Shelby and the Crest.. Give us a break

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Work in Progress

Clover completes the Gaston County sweep by pitching a shutout over Forestview High school 34-0. Clovers field goal kicker kicked a 47 yard field goal as time ran out in the 1st half. This has to be a school record. Next up a road trip to Broome

3. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Stick to softball pal...I wasn't trying to take a cheap shot at Freedom as much as I was taking one at Crest. Remember the days when the Chargers would frequently put down 40 or more against us by just running the ball and play a dominant defense? That's why I said things are "down" in 4A right now, nothing against the Patriots.

4. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

Crest is now starting a Soph. QB, 3 Soph. OL, 1 Soph. WR, 1 FR WR on offense. It is certainly a growing process for these kids. It will be a while before this Crest team can put 40 on anyone. The Crest D once again played lights out. Maddox, Bullard, and Toms where all over the field.

This Freedom team is a solid football team. They could easily be 2-0 with wins over Crest and Shelby. This was the first win for Crest at Freedom since 1997. I think it was the first win for Shelby at Freedom since 1996.

5. TitanFanForever

TitanFanForever Full Access Member

Big Dan
    What a heartbreaker.... we Titans Fans love to watch "BuggyBall" but sure wish he'd get a little help in there. Let's face it how long can one player carry the whole team? For one guy to work SOOOOOOOO hard and still come away with a loss. Do you think if the scoreboard was working that maybe time management would have been a little better? Was tough trying to figure out how much time was left and the actual score. There's something to be said for visual effects.
    Gotta wonder if the coaching staff has gotten a little too big? Miss the good old days when we only had 6-7 coaches and had winning seasons.. me thinks we've go too many cooks in the kitchen.
    We've got talent just not using it to our advantage.

6. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Game management maybe would have been different if a scoreboard was operational...but I gotta believe the officials on the field are required to frequently update the coaches on the game time. One thing that actually helped East on the final drive was that McDowell had to blow a timeout after a long pass play because the defense was all over the place. That helped East significantly IMO because I think there was less than 30 seconds left in the game.

7. Otis

Otis Full Access Member

Unreal

That was the best second half, I have ever seen a player in the NW4A ever have in person. I talked to a coach last night who spent thirty years coaching in that league and he says, "Kincaid is the best true running back he has ever seen play in that league." As bad as McDowell is, Kincaid is worth the price of admission. He was electric in the 2nd half last night.

8. mtnman606

mtnman606 Full Access Member

this year in the nw4a looks like could be wide open whs,freedom,eb,acr will fight it out.right now eb may be playing the best of them all,and no shame in freedom losing to the two teams they have played should be alot of fun as the season goes on.

9. TitanFanForever

TitanFanForever Full Access Member

I'm sure they let the coaches know but that doesn't help the players. You have to know they watch that clock and scoreboard themselves. When time is such a critical factor they're watching it really close. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but from the stands it was really hard to keep track, and the announcer wasn't much help. Let's hope they get it fixed before their next game. Gotta love the ladder leaned up there looking like they'd worked on it.

10. lylejohn

lylejohn Full Access Member

Corrected Score Greenville Rose 27 New Hanover 24

In the post that had the long list of scores, Greenville Rose best New Hanover 27-24, not Hoggard. They play Hoggard this coming week. This was a well played game by both team. New Hanover was winning 24-21 with less than 5 minutes to play. Greenville Rose had 4th and long and had to punt. Greenville Rose ended up getting the ball back just outside of the New Hanover 20 yard line on a questionable call. A New Hanover player made contact with the punted ball on the ground. There was a lot of question as to if he was blocked into the ball, or just ran into it. Either way, both team played a great game and both teams should look forward to very successful seasons.