1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

A word about Blue...

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Baylee Duckdog, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

1958 Chevrolet Biscayne: First car with power steering...and had that great 250 air conditioner (you know, roll down 2 windows and go about 50). Yessir, the thing was built like a tank, I drove it like a tank and had many firsts while driving it....oh, I loved that car. By the way, I bought it, not my parents, for a princely sum of $150.00.

Yeah, this thread has beaten a lot of people up and I'm the most guilty. It's summer time, let's all lighten up a little. Plenty of time before the season starts... before ranting on the coaches and umpires.

PS- I must admit that DNA part was funny!

2. A Non E Mous

A Non E Mous Full Access Member

I'm pretty sure Baylee started the thread to discuss his likes and dislikes in umpires. Haven't bitched about coaches at all....bless my heart. Explaining how conversations with coaches/players go as an umpire isn't bitching about it. I would share you parents STFU though. Not sure what the cruddy DNA comment is about.

3. A Non E Mous

A Non E Mous Full Access Member

I have a hunch but don't know who the other guy is

4. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

You guys are tough on parents.:couch:

5. Braves

...and without parents there would be no kids to talk about...for that matter, there would be no baseball.:acclaim:

Most parents are great! It's my favorite part while attending a game: Talking to parents. I love to try to distract the father of the starting pitcher. They are fun to watch (squirm)!

6. Baylee Duckdog

Baylee Duckdog Full Access Member

DNA

OK, I'll admit it. I can't stand my DNA! (Dadgum Neurotic Assistant!)

7. Baylee Duckdog

THE SOLUTION! BRAVES, Pay attention, this may be the ticket.

OK, I've thought long and hard about this and I believe I have a solution.

Venue: Woodstock 2011, Wingate Softball Field
    Event: Slow Pitch Softball Game
    Participants: Coaches vs. Blues
    Umpires: Parents
    Fans: Reserved seating for Baseball Players ages 18 and under.

Rules: The "fans" can criticize EVERYONE without fear of retribution, ejection, or withdrawal of parental support (food/shelter). If the "fans" criticize a coach or blue, they are not to be penalized in any way at any future encounter/game, other.

"Participants" are not allowed to carry concealed weapons of any kind and alcohol cannot be consumed PRIOR to the event on the day of the event.

Chewing tobacco MUST be removed prior to any confrontation with an "umpire" by a "participant." "Umpires" may chew, dip and smoke (in approved areas) if desired.

"Umpires" may wear t-shirts and flip-flops if desired. There is no weight limit for "umpires" for the game. Upon prior approval, "umpires" may consume alcohol and carry concealed weapons.

Seriously, BRAVES, we may be onto something here....I'm thinking MAJOR sponsorship and perhaps a "pledge" per run scored by parents! (of course we'd have to tighten up the rules a bit first!)

Think about it!!!!

:champagne::champagne::champagne::champagne::champagne::champagne::xyxthumbs:

8. Braves

I Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Participants" are not allowed to carry concealed weapons of any kind and alcohol cannot be consumed PRIOR to the event on the day of the event.

Might have to re=think this one

Honestly, if we could get enough parents involved, we could make this happen. We could let anon e mouse throw out the first ball!!!

and as far as umpires apparel, as long as they don't wear white socks with their flip flops...I'm all in.

9. Stretchy

Stretchy Full Access Member

What in the world.......

Not one mention of the Mom's?????........count me OUT!

10. Baylee Duckdog

Discrimination???

Stretchy...shame on you! Are you suggesting a "mom" does not have the skills to be an "umpire" in this event?

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer: