1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Aaron King-former Phantom/SF Giant update

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by The Captain, May 16, 2009.

1. The Captain

The Captain Full Access Member

Former FT Foard Standout and Foothills Phanton Aaron King will be on the hill tonight as his Augusta Greenjackets visit the Asheville Tourists @ McCormick Field in Asheville.
    Have a great game AK, we are all planning to be there!

2. The Captain

The Captain Full Access Member

Well judging by the number of posts this thread has gotten, I suppose no one is interested but because I have known the kid since he was 10 and coached and traveled with him until he was 14 and followed him through high school, college and now the pros, I will give you an update anyway.
    First of all, seeing one of "yours" out there as a professional player conjurs up so many emotions I had to get control. It was great to see one of the Phantoms out there at historic McCormick Field.
    Aaron looked perfectly at ease and completely comfortable. Physically, he looks great. If you saw him at McDonalds in street clothes you would have to conclude he was a professional athlete.
    He started but rain/ lightning shortened his outting. I sat right behind the Greenjacket radar guys and fastball was consistently 88,89,90. Hit 91 once. Had several K's, a pickoff and made a great double play off a liner right back at him. The Tourist hit his fastball hard a couple of times but his off speed stuff really tied 'em up in knots.
    I was so proud of him and so happy for his family and friends that had come to see him play. Aaron was gracious enough to have tickets for us at will call.
    It was awesome. Just too bad it rained. But there are going to be many more nights, bigger night's ahead for this young man.
    Way to go AK, keep firing and thanks again for the thrill and the tickets.

3. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Its great

to see a local boy do good. Keep us updated every chance you can I enjoy hearing how Aaron is doing.

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

We all are. Aaron projects well as a pro. I know I love to read the updates. Will he be pitching near the Charlotte area at all?

5. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Best of luck

In your journey

6. Febreze Smith

Febreze Smith Member

augusta greenjackets in charlotte area

yes braves, they play at kannapolis (sp), not sure of dates check the website out, also will be at the CRAWDADS the last week of july. thanks for all the kind wishes, he has worked very hard to get to this point!

thanks again!

7. tandjsma

tandjsma Junior Member

Great Job Aaron, I am sooo proud of you! For all young kids who are not or can not be on the "big name" showcase/aau teams, Hardwork and dedication to the game does pay off.

Foothills Phantoms ( 1998-2002 team) were an awesome group of young men and coaches who worked hard, had fun and learned the game of baseball. Some are still playing at the Collegiate level and have awesome opportunities ahead of them. There is a younger group playing out of the area now, Good Luck to those guys.

Most of Aaron's games are broadcast over the Internet from the Augusta Greenjackets website. I hope Aaron will have a big crowd cheering for him when the Greenjackets come to Hickory.