1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

AC vs. ACR

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by jmundy03, Nov 14, 2009.

1. baller85

baller85 Junior Member

I agree with maverick on this. I heard that ac was trying to throw the ball with 4 minutes to go in the game when they were ahead...i do know a little about football seeing as i played in high school and i have NEVER seen a team that was ahead throw the ball with 4 to go in the game. Last year ac went through the same thing. At the hickory game it is 3rd and 23 and they call a QB draw. I dont care who your QB is you dont run especially if you are down and you have less that a minute to go. I have been in this situation before and i couldnt agree with you more on this maverick.

2. #52stillcouldbringit

#52stillcouldbringit Full Access Member

Any 1 else still tore up AC isnt playing this week??I want comment any more about the game but i beleive with everything we should still be playing..
    this ones hard to swallow!!

Well hows Mt. Tabor i guess ACR gets the home game against a very beatable Tabor team from what i hear?....

3. cougar man

cougar man Full Access Member

We had a great season. Next year should be much of the same. Coach is building a program. Future of Cougar football is bright!!!!
    Lets get on with wrestling! Blake, Kevin, Logan, Gus, Dustin and company will be hard to handle. Looking for a conference championship!!

4. jmundy03

jmundy03 Full Access Member

logan chapman wrestling ? if he is, at least he wont have to worry about not getting the ball on the mats. and gus wont have to worry about being kept out of the match and standing on the sideline when the team needs him. im tired of hearing about next year. it shouldve and couldve been this year. pitiful.

5. homerun

homerun Full Access Member

That is probably Logan Adams

6. jmundy03

yea i figured. i was just wanting to make a point.

7. #52stillcouldbringit

#52stillcouldbringit Full Access Member

Yea Chapman def. dont wrestle. But yea i see what your saying Mundy it cant always be next year guys. Sometimes we gotta step up an get it done this year.

I mean I know i played on the 06 team and we didnt wanna hear that about next year, and my brother along with a few real good friends are seniors this year. Do yal think its easy for them to hear people talk about next year? No, if anyone on here played football or any sport you remember your "last" game forever. Some of you older people on here can probaly still remember yals last game.Well imagaine if you had to be a senior now and remember losing a 16 point lead with 10 mins and now knowing u woulda been at home for the 3rd round.
    Im sorry but i dont wanna hear anything about next year for a while from any one. It's not fair to our seniors who busted their ass this year and played their hearts out and deserved to win and i dont care what any 1 says.thats all for now...Wish the boys well in basketball and football but mundy is right...it cant always be about "next year" for those seniors their is no next year..Oh an i know we had a succesfull year and all it's just we could have been more succesfull an its hard for me to watch my brother go through what he is.. Good team's build for the future, great teams Next year is This Year!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  8. jmundy03

agreed. Pretty sure Monte Sherrill doesn't say....that's ok girls, we always have next year. I guarantee he didn't say that when they lost to Mcdowell 2 years ago in the first round. He demands success, takes responsibility for his mistakes (if he even makes any), and holds his coaches as accountable as his players. That's why he has won, I believe 6 or 7, state championships. That team overcame a lot of adversity, and I don't want to hear how they lost it. They sure as heck didn't lose it on the field. It's time to scrap the spread crap, go back to the I, and play smash mouth football. Powerful teams like us don't run the spread, powerful teams run it down opponents' throat. A truly great year for the whole team. It's just pathetic they had to go out like that.

9. grayb70

grayb70 Senior Member

well said DJ! I definitely didnt want to hear about next year...especially after our year...we were better than our record...the whole "maybe next year" spill is crap. nearly every coach gives it and let me just say that next year is always a year too late...

10. Green Giant

Green Giant Junior Member

you definitely had it wrong on a lot of counts, didn't you? He picked against Murphy and almost got it wrong. I was reading in his column www.citizen-times.com/hshuddle that Hibriten has some injuries. Good thing Tuscola is making the trip.