1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

acfan

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by bigdog, Oct 16, 2003.

1. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

First I hope this don't start another AC or CC bashing the girls don't deserve that!!!!

In my opinion, the only reason there wouldn't be a pre-playoff game between the two teams would be for the sake of the former AC players under the direction of Monte. It will be mentally tough to play against their old coach since they have a huge attachment to him. Early in the season all of the players will still be tuning their game and they don't need added pressure. A couple of the AC players have already faced CC in a tourn. so it may not be that bad. I think everyone is putting to much emphasis on this possible meeting since CC is credited to be the team to beat this year. Any team that faces CC will be pulling out all the stops to try to beat them so if AC gets a shot at CC they will try just as hard as anyone else. I hope the first meeting comes down to the coach's decision deciding the outcome of the game so all players can walk away happy or unhappy but not devastated by an error or bad hitting. Good luck to both teams and I hope all your hard work pays off. GO COUGARS!!

2. bigdog

bigdog Junior Member

yea,
    remember the girls still have the most respect for coach sherill,and for cc......It would be tough, and they will probably see each other this year.......I hope everyone remembers that this is a new year and coach Bolick is going to do his best to have his team ready......

acfan,
    any reply to my last post? Do you know any of the young players I mentioned?

3. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

bigdog

All of those young ladies you mentioned are going to be the tip of the iceberg for the next wave of athletic talent making their way through AC. Like I said before, from jr. high on down seems to be several years of softball eaters. Already watching a 8 or 9 yr old girl start her pitching career and looked to be a natural. With Alexander County starting windmill pitching 2 yrs. earlier pitching will begin to become better and better. Can't wait to see the results!

4. Oh-Well

Oh-Well Junior Member

Alexander County ! The Birthplace of fastpitch softball !

Thanks !
    :roflmao:

5. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

sorry oh-well

didn't write it correctly. 2 years earlier in the recreation softball than in the past years. Before we started at 11 yrs old now it's 9 yrs old. that did not come out right.

6. Oh-Well

Oh-Well Junior Member

No Problem- keep working hard ! Just sounded a little arrogant at first.

7. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

when you pointed it out it was pretty funny looking. feeder programs in any sport is very important to the high schools. I liked the post in football forum where the youth football coaches are part of the high school football program. Would work out great for any sport to continue great ball teams!

8. GATOR

GATOR Member

I HAVE SPOKEN WITH SHERRILL!!!! SHERRILL FEELS HE'S LOCKED AND LOADED AT CC!!! IT APPEARS EVERYONE WILL BE PLAYING FOR SECOND THIS YEAR!!!

9. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

Thanks gator at least the rest of us know where we stand at the beginning so we won't be disappointed. I know that all of the schools can rest easier knowing they don't have to fit a trip to Raleigh in their budget.