1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

ACHS FOOTBALL IN TROUBLE

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by GATOR, Jun 27, 2003.

1. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

That's the key AC, go out there and prove the naysayers wrong.

2. ACfootball99

ACfootball99 cant hide the dline pride

I just hope people realize that we're trying to build a good program here...and it's just now starting to come together....last year, excluding the powerhouses like reynolds and freedom, we only lost by a total of 19 points and like 6 yards....every game was close...and we've only improved from then...so just expect a big year out of the cougars

3. fhspatriot

fhspatriot Full Access Member

Coach Harper and Coach Deal are 3 real good coaches.

I know them both pretty well and I saw all they did when they were at Freedom.Sounds to me Gator must have a kid who sits on the bench and doesnt play alot.They can turn the program around if given a chance and get support,something Harper didnt have at east burke.

If Gator thinks he can do better than he needs to go to college and get a degree and than become a coach.

btw unlike one coach i know at ac,They dont cry about the score being ran up on them or say the other team has a horseshoe up there butt.

4. FP SUPER

FP SUPER Full Access Member

well,well,well...

fhs, You must be talking about the boys basketball coach, I remember some other post of yours about such a thing.
    I've said it before AC will go as there line goes. It's been that way since people started playing this game. AC has had some fine skill people mentioned but they can't run or throw when there is no hole or there on the ground.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND HER TROOPS :D

Last edited: Jul 1, 2003
  5. HulkaManiaRunninWild

HulkaManiaRunninWild Banned From TBR

First off, let me say that I agree that Chris Deal and Tom Harper are both great coaches. I've known them both for several years now and have become pretty good friends with both of them. Nuff said.

The problem at AC isn't coaching. The problem at AC is a lack of talented athletes. Sure, I think AC will improve somewhat, but being viewed as a top contender in the conference is laughable. AC will lose handily to Reynolds, Freedom, EB, and Watauga. Thats four big loses right there. The only games I see them having a chance in is against Wilkes Central and South Caldwell. Hell, didn't South give them a run for their money last year?

I wish AC the best this coming season for the simple fact that I want my friends Chris and Tom to do well. AC will improve as long as they are coaches there. But unless AC can start reeling in some talent from other places it will remain a lower tier program that can count on a thrashing from the aforementioned schools.

Sorry, but I am just being truthful. Best of luck AC
    ;)

6. ACfootball99

how does anyone who doesn't coach or go to AC know if we have talented athletes or not...we've got a freshman running a 4.4 and benching 250, he weighs 140 pounds....that's an athlete for you. Our weak point is our offensive line...i personally play defensive end, so i am at the line practices and i see the o-line getting better everyday...what we lack isn't talented athletes, we've got pleny, but what we do lack is size....and that's something that is improving with rising freshmen and sophomores who will have to step up and play hard this year, whether it be on vars. or Jv. saying that it's laughable that we be a top contender in the NW4A truly offends me...when people try to compare us to other teams and don't know anything about it...i understand that you all have to go by our past...but don't be too hasty about what u say about us....u don't go through what we do every day to make our football program better...not only football but every other sport we play...i know freedom and reynolds will be very tough games...and i'll be perfectly happy if we lose and gave it everything we have....but to say that there's no way we'll beat mcdowell or watauga is obsurd....they are decent programs but it is not feasable to say that we are definitely going to lose to them...and speaking of last year's south caldwell game....i don't know what happened other than we played like garbage....so i'll leave you all with this...oh and to all you offenses out there...be ready for the hit squad this year...we're comin

7. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

Keep on fanning the flames under AC's heels guys they need all the incentive they can get. Coaches biggest job is to motivate their players and bring out their hidden talents, you guys are making their job easier. GO HIT SQUAD GO!!! You guys get beefed up this summer, looks like everyone counts on the cougars to lay down next fall that counts in your favor.

Oh by the way some of these people that have the hate AC replies aren't against the players they are mad their favorite coach isn't coaching AC anymore. Just giving you heads up!

8. HulkaManiaRunninWild

HulkaManiaRunninWild Banned From TBR

I can tell that you do not have athletes at AC every time I watch an AC game. Look, I'm not cutting you or your program down. I'm only stating the obvious. As I said earlier AC will be improved, but not to the point where they will compete for a conference title.

One more thing. The problems at AC stem from more than just an undersized O-Line. AC grossly lacks in the skill department as well. Furthermore, the AC defense is average at best. If you are an AC player the best way for you to handle this is to let your talking be done on the field, not on some message board. If AC turns out to be as good as you say I will gladly eat crow at the seasons conclusion. Good luck AC.

9. billybobblockhead

billybobblockhead Full Access Member

Funny thing about this thread is that I thought that AC was going to be pretty good this year. Gator, what do you know? They played a lot of very young guys last year, many of which probably were not ready to play varsity ball. In a sense, they were very much like McDowell (who also play TOO many sophs/frosh last year). Deal?, what a great guy. I know him personally. He has his head screwed on right. He will get the job done. Interesting thing about the NW4A is that McDowell, EB, and Central all tend to mirror each other. Usually pretty big along the line. Not too fast at the skill positions. Usually try to overpower you. From what I've seen in the last couple of years, all 3 of those schools have sigificantly more TEAM speed that in recent memory, and all (with EB possibly the exception) are trying to play a little bit more of finesse ball than the power game. Whatever happens to you guys, good luck in all games except the one in Marion. As always, that game (McDowell/AC) sets the tempo for both team's conference schedules. Have patience. It will happen.

10. ACfootball99

all arguing aside....isn't everyone ready for the season to begin!

LORD KNOWS I AM!:invasion: :boune: