1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

ACHS FOOTBALL IN TROUBLE

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by GATOR, Jun 27, 2003.

1. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

YEP!

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I can't wait for the season to begin and this Board will be hoppin'

Smash---you might want to seek additional help this season in moderating...start identifying some names. Try to pick someone from different areas of the State

Like I said....This Board will EXPLODE

3. PostalDB42

PostalDB42 vandam lift extroardinare

can't wait!

I've got a feeling this season will be one of the wildest in a long time because of all the changes in the NW4A conference. AC Reynolds was said to have lost over 25 seniors from last year. East Burke seems to have a lot of faith in there new coaching staff which should change a lot with that program. Wilkes Central should be greatly improved, going off what i saw from their gameplay last year. They had a lot of intensity and seemed to be on the same page most of the time. Alexander Central should have a break out year. They've been way over due and things just didn't go their way this past season. They will have a good senior class this year that will have good leaders and a great work ethic. The attitude for the entire athletics program has changed greatly from past years with a renewed passion for winning. Coach Tom Harper has taken control and almost single handedly changed the atmosphere at Alexander Central, not only with athletes, but with every person there. This could be one crazy year and i'll be keeping a close eye on everything in this conference!

4. homerun

homerun Full Access Member

PostalDB42

Wilkes Central is not in the NW4A

5. HulkaManiaRunninWild

HulkaManiaRunninWild Banned From TBR

Well, all of us seem to concur that Deal and Harper are surely locked on. If the two of them can't win there, nobody can.

While I wish AC the best (and I really do), I do not think that even Jesus could pull AC out of the bottom of the pile to championship form. Now, I do believe that AC will be improved and competitive against some teams. However, be prepared to take your medicine when the likes of Reynolds and Freedom come around. My prediction, AC plays .500 ball at best. Probably 3-8 or 4-7. Will some of you look at the West Caldwell thread and please explain what's going on over there. Thanks.

6. PostalDB42

PostalDB42 vandam lift extroardinare

HulkaManiaRunninWild

While I wish AC the best (and I really do), I do not think that even Jesus could pull AC out of the bottom of the pile to championship form.

lol i believe u under estimate the lord! jk But Harper and Deal are definately the people to do the job and i have a lot of faith in the both of them.

7. D-lineCOUGAR48

D-lineCOUGAR48 Junior Member

HulkaManiaRunninWild

i wanna know y u hoestly dont think that Alexander can pull out championship season. sure LAST year Alexander lost to AC Reynolds and Freedom by more than a hop skip and a jump but with the exception to them and Mooresville they team lost by a total of 16 points and aproximately 3 inches to the rest of the teams they played LAST year. But thats all in the past and the Cougars of the earlier years have been resurected by the coaching staff and by all the downsizing of not only other skools but of there own fans. and as far as the player talent is concerned... haaa! i dont think u want me to start. Alexander has 2 of the top returning receivers in the conference and 2 returning running backs both run better than a 4.5 in the forty and neither of them will be a senior this season. as for defense...
    that will be our strongest point with divion one prospects calvin teague at free saftey and daniel walker at defensive end. the Cougars lead the conference most of last season in all defensive departments and finished the as the number 2 overall defense... although the o-line wasnt all that big last year i have say that much improvement has been made and the offense coordinator has a nice little surprise for those teams that r to play the Cougars. so let that settle any more disscusion about Alexanders lack of talented athletes or skill players and if u still got beef about it POST IT.

HALLA

8. HulkaManiaRunninWild

48:
    I admire your enthusiasm regarding the up and coming season for AC football. However, I just don't agree with you. Where were these 4.5 guys last year? Please do not attempt to insult my intellegence and assert that these guys who were 5.0 flat last season now miraculously run under 4.5. I think there's a word for guys like you who regurgitate falsities: embellishment!!!!! That's chronic BS'er in case you don't habla. I hate to keep on beating a dead horse, but 3-8 or 4-7 is the best that you and your -4.5 pals are going to do.

But, here's to trying!

Go AC!!!! :)

9. D-lineCOUGAR48

D-lineCOUGAR48 Junior Member

HulkaManiaRunninWild

i **** u not when i say that these guys run better than a 4.5, and as a matter of fact they where running a high 4.6 last year. both have improved greatly in strenght and speed do to new aggilities and conditioning exercises. but enough about that u still did not answer my question... y do u beleive that Alexander absolutely will not be able to win conference. yur last post was not suffecient enough to end my pondering. if u would like to be conveinced just look at our schedule in the other threads and come watch the cougars kick some hind tail.

HALLA

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2003
  10. HulkaManiaRunninWild

48:
    It appears that your last post was edited due largely in part to your inability to communicate in a non-profanity laden manner. I realize that you want AC to do well, but I do not think you need to take it the extremes of cussing people who simply disagree with you.

I thought I was very articulate in my prior posts regarding the reasons why I do not think AC will even sniff a conference title or see post season play. However, I must not have been. Therefore, I will write it out bullet style and ultimately spell it out for you:

1. A lack of quality athletes. AC has not had a blue chip skill athlete since the Scott kid. He had a great junior year and stunk up the joint his senior year. It attribute his success in his junior season due to his relative obscurity.

2. AC Reynolds, AC Reynolds, AC Reynolds!!!!!!!
    3. Freedom, Freedom, Freedom!!!!
    4. The pool of talent that AC has to choose from is sub par. Think about it. Do you really think that you are going to find similar talent to Morganton, Hickory, and Ashville in Taylorsville and Bethlehem?
    5. Most 1,2,3A schools have their way with AC. What makes you think that AC can hang with year in and year out 4A contenders like Reynolds and Freedom.

There you go, 5 reasons why AC always be an average at best school as it pertains to football. I'm sorry if the truth hurts.

The question that still begs is: "what ya gonna do when AC and Freedom go wild on you."

HH:(