1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Ackley

Discussion in 'The Next Level' started by SuperJon, Apr 14, 2007.

1. SuperJon

SuperJon Full Access Member

In case you guys didn't know, Dustin Ackley is the 2nd leading hitter in the country right now, as a freshman. He's only .002 behind first place. He just had the 5th best hit streak of all time at UNC.

2. PUP

PUP Full Access Member

I was just looking at tarheels season stats and thinking wow. he is having a great season already , Seagar, Poulk, and White are not doing to bad also. Great class and next year looks even better if they all come.

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

With all of the outstanding players that Dusty has played with, he seemed to be the one that received the least attention. That certainly is not the case right now...and a truly nice young man.

Dusty has the perfect approach at the plate; great balance, quick hands to the ball and hits the ball where it is pitched. Just wait until the young man puts even more weight, muscle and naturally fills out.

Sidebar This is not a knock on anybody else. It is an example of why he is successful. After a game when players and parents are getting together to have dinner, Dusty excuses himself to go lift weights.

4. SuperJon

SuperJon Full Access Member

The biggest thing with him is he's coachable. He listens to his coaches and does everything they say. He trusts that they know what's best for him.

5. Braves

and don't forget his "mama" Joy. The best hitting instructor in the state. Of course, his dad is not too bad either.:cheer:

6. Prepster

Prepster Full Access Member

Braves, I'd give him more "expert" advice from (far down) the 1st baseline; but, I've got my hands full keeping the umpires and opposing 1st base coach in line. I'm thinking that if I could squeeze in a little more advice for him, I might be able to get his average up to about .750 or so.

7. Braves

:laugh4: ...as long as you do not do that in Miami. Those folks don't seem to like your friendly and helpful advice.

8. Prepster

Prepster Full Access Member

A funny anecdote related to the "Miami Incident:"

This year, we're in Chapel Hill just prior to Robert's start against Miami and he walks by me on the way to the dugout; having finished his pre-game warmup. On every other such occasion, he's in his "zone" and acknowledges no one during that walk.

On this day, he turns to me and says, "Try to stay in this one."

The rest of my fellow "Railbirds" around me thoought that was very funny!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  9. Braves

Hahahahahha...thats a great story:cheer:

10. BIGbrother

BIGbrother Junior Member

He is the best hitter in the NCAA............

Keep swinging......."Ack" U-R-THE-MAN.

THE BEATTY'S ( CJ ):2guns: