1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

ACR continuation

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by baseballguy16, May 22, 2010.

1. baseballguy16

baseballguy16 Junior Member

I think we should get a thread going and have everyone who is in support of continuing the acr vs. porter ridge baseball game, state why. To me finishing the game is the only way to avoid this state playoff having an asterisk for the future. Maybe the state will actually realize something needs to be done

2. Tatertot

Tatertot Full Access Member

They should absolutely finish the game to leave no doubt. I wasn't at the game but if you are ahead and you know they will call the game for darkness you could stall. I'm in no way saying that is what happened but it COULD and there will always be some to say that it did which taints the win.

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I would suggest that you take this to the NCHSAA. They are the only one's that can fix this mess.

I agree 100% that a shortened playoff game is a mockery of the game. However, let's aim those arrows in the right direction. Not at the team or our members.

4. weyco2000

weyco2000 Full Access Member

See NCHSAA Seedings "thread", come on guy's please!!! Contact the NCHSAA about the decisions made, it in no way "taints" PR win! These "kids" have no control over decisions made by adults. Let's just have some civilized discussion about "baseball"!

5. Braves

Excellent

6. Boxman

Boxman Full Access Member

Straight from the NCHSAA handbook:
    North Carolina uses the suspended game rule in all sports where appropriate. If a contest is suspended, it is resumed from the point of interruption unless coaches mutually agree to terminate it.

MY question did the ACR coach agree?

hope this is not out of line? if it is please go ahead and delete it...no problem

7. Braves

That's a great question

8. CMartin

CMartin Junior Member

I was told that the ACR Coach did not want to make the drive all the way back down here to a neutral site. im not saying that is what was said im just telling you what i heard. and guys trust me we really really want lights. its our old dumb coach's fault we didnt get them. he always said baseball was a day sport not a night sport which is absolutly rediculous. so idk now that we have a new coach weve been trying to get lights but we dont have 115k to put lights on our field and if they put lights on our field we have to spend another 100k to put them on the sofbal field. like i said earlier we all wish we could have finished the game properly and we did everything in our power to make the field playable. we did not say the field was not playable. it was the umpires who made the final decision. how it was made we have no idea or atlesat i dont. so jsut dont make it seem like were cheaters becasue were not.
    Thankyou

9. Tatertot

Tatertot Full Access Member

There has to be more to the story than we all know. Like Boxman said the rules say both coaches have to agree. Maybe they did and we don't know the whole story. I in no way meant to imply that it was the boys or that anyone cheated. I know they have no control over it. I just think there are always some that will have something to say about it and if you finish the game all doubt would be removed.

10. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Boxman, question. I give you props for always being on top of things, I also see where many on another thread are saying this specific game should be continued. And there is clearly a suspended game rule in the books. But guys (and this isn't my opinion), its pretty clear on page 32 of the rulebook where it reads "if after 4 & 1/2 innings and a winner cannot be determined, the game will be suspended. It goes on that after 4 & 1/2 innings if a winner can be determined, the game is over to include regular season and state playoff games. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but its right there on page 32.

Btw I do agree that calling a game for darkness is unfortunate, then again rain pisses me off too. And any form of game stoppage is really why they have these rules, right?

I do understand the frustration, just pointing out something I saw when I looked it up.

Last edited: May 22, 2010