1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Aflac All American Baseball Game

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yep...it's the best week of the year for me. The weather is always great (except the past two years with the Hurricanes). I rent a golf cart and go to as many games as posiible...oh...and I might help a few scouts or two. I'm looking forward to spending some time with Andy Partin.

If there are no Hurricanes this year, you will have the most memorable experience ever in baseball. It is nothing like the PG WS in Atlanta this summer. There really isn't anything to compare it to. Just imagine this:

The Dodgers may have sent 2 or 3 scouts to the Aflac game...they will send all 24+ to this event...and every ML team sends their scouts. Every major and mid major college across the US will be there.

It will have the best group of talent across the US, Canada and Puerto Rico at one time. It will give any player that participates a guage on where they stand with the best

...and the best part? NC teams have always done extremely well. There is no better place to make a name for yourself than at Jupiter in October. If you are wanting to impress the pro guys...this is the place to be. If you have not committed...this is the place to be. If you are a rising junior and you want to get your name out there...this is the place to be.

2. BB9er

BB9er Full Access Member

speaking of a pitcher and catcher at AFLAC

check this out about him...

Stock skips senior year of HS

Interesting to say the least!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

In my opinion...what a horrible, horrible decision. This is not a win/win situation. It's a terrific gamble and not one they had to make. My personal belief is this 16 yo kid is in for a shocker at the collegiate level. It's such a dramatic difference between hitting 16-17 yo pitchers with limited experience versus a 23 yo college veteran licking his chops when this kid comes to the plate.

Again, in my opinion "and I'm only speaking in terms of baseball", the kid received some horrific advice.

He is not a polished pitcher..he is not a polished catcher..and he does not have a Maybin/Upton bat "at least not yet". :banginghe

4. tigermom

tigermom Full Access Member

It does happen

I've heard of colleges trying to get high school seniors as early as Dec/Jan of their senior year. They usually have all the required classes and what not, but you have to wonder what's in it for them? Well, for one if you're already in college you are not eligble for the draft and all their hard work reccuiting you has not been for nothing. However, if you start college that time of year you are not baseball eligible either so why do it? I see no good reason to do what this kid did. Especially when it wasn't even the college's idea, and no money! And if he's that good, wouldn't he have been drafted if that was his goal - and not 3 years from now - just one. I see no advantage - but, whatever!