1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Alexander Central @ AC Reynolds

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Wise One, Nov 11, 2006.

1. moesyslak

moesyslak Banned From TBR

in the last 2 minutes of the first half ac's coach blew it. everything was going his way, his ball on his own 35 acr struggling to hang on. then he walks all the way out onto the field to the hashmarks to argue (or talk to the ref) which he should never be allowed to do without a time out. this gave acr time to get it together, then ac's coach, i think let his emotions get to him and instead of running out the clock and going in at half up 10-0 and recieving the second half kickoff he got greedy and throws a low % pass that gets picked and after a long return acr scores and the whole game shifted right there. if ac runs out the clock he maintains his momentum but now acr is on fire and ac fumbles on their second or third play in the second half and acr scores quickly for their first lead, game over. ac's coach made a serious mistake and acr made ac pay. that's what good teams do.

2. kidlr

kidlr Junior Member

I would agree that ACR took advantage of the TOs both TOs led to ACR TDs....it was Harrington who fumbled in the 3rd quarter leading to the ACR TD that gave them the lead for good....that momentum shift seemed to be the difference....Hate it for Harrington though he had a pretty solid 2nd half of the season.

I was disappointed that some of the AC fans cheered when #1 was down with a cramp....(at the time, it looked worse)....luckily the majority of our fans were quick to tell the others to STFU.

3. flotg

flotg Full Access Member

score shoulda been at least 34 -18 - ACR was robbed of a TD by the poorest officiating I have ever seen at a football game. ACR's guy was in the end zone at least 2-3 yards (both feet on the ground and ball in solid possession) before he was tackled and lost the ball. The referees should be required to walk the field prior to the game so that they will KNOW where the end zone is. The fields with the artificial turf have both WHITE and YELLOW lines at the end zone as they are marked for BOTH soccer and football games. The WHITE line was the FOOTBALL goal line NOT the YELLOW line.

Where do they get these guys? And Moe's right about the AC coach - he was allowed TIME AFTER TIME to walk 10 yards onto the field to complain - no timeouts - no nothing - and got NO penalty until maybe the 4th quarter. Unlike ACR's coach who was shooed off the field if he stepped more than a foot over the line.....

ACR should be commended, not only for winning against the AC football team, but for winning against the referees as well!!

4. kidlr

kidlr Junior Member

officiating aside, i have to agree it was a TD......the trail official was a good 15yds behind the play, so he really couldnt make an accurate call....but in the end, it didnt matter.

As far as the AC coach goes, I'm not sure how to respond other than it seems to slow the game down....I believe he was flagged for an unsportsmanlike when he threw his hat (toboggan) off.

Oh well, good luck to ACR, ill be pulling for them over Wautauga since ACR beat AC.

5. cougar man

cougar man Full Access Member

I was told if I didnt have anything positive to say to keep my mouth shut. So I better not say anything!!

6. kidlr

kidlr Junior Member

other than losing, what would you say that was negative?

Coaching, Officiating?

7. cougar man

cougar man Full Access Member

We had a good season

8. kidlr

kidlr Junior Member

best season since when....1980's?

I think they've come a long way.....got a lot of coaches that care...and the kids have responded.

9. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

What???

What game were you watching ? To take each of your assinine comments to task. If it was in the last two minutes, everything was sure not going the Cougars way. They had just turned it over, got stopped, and had to punt.

The coach went out on the feild during a time out called by the officials. At the time the AC Reynolds Head Coach was locked up in a conversation with the referee about who knows what...Coach Deal took the oppurtunity to get in a word or two as any good coach would do, and to attempt to find out what the hell was going on at the other bench with the referee, who by the way is the guy with the white hat.

The interception took place midway through the 2nd quarter with Alexander Central leading 10-0. They were driving again and the pass went through the hands of a Cougar player and into the hands of the Rockets. The pass should have been cought. If so it's first and 10 at the Rockets 25. What would have 17-0 done the AC Reynolds? We will never know, but it sure as hell was not a bad call. To run out the clock would have been one of the dumbest calls ever. AC Reynolds scored the TD after the INT with 7 minutes left in the half. You want to tell me, you lay on a 10-0 lead with 7 and a half minutes to go in the 1st half.

Just because you have a computer and a password does not preclude the fact you are in a fog. Turn the lights on.

:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

10. kidlr

kidlr Junior Member

Wise One, as a Cougar supporter, I have to disagree with you...there was Approx. 3 min left when the INT occured...I specifically remember looking at the clock and saying....maybe they wont have enough time to score....In fact i think it was like 2:33 left.

as i said the Cougars played 21 minutes of perfect football.