1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Alexander Central @ AC Reynolds

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Wise One, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Go for it

You are correct on the time. Still, there is no way you sit on a 10-0 lead against a team like AC Reynolds, or anyone else for that matter. If the pass is caught, and it should have been, wow the Cougars may be on the way to 17-0 heading into the half and getting the 2nd half kick-off.

2. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

TRUTH

Actually, since I was in the sidelines keeping the stats, and have them in front of me right now, I have the exact time of the INT and where it happened. Alexander Central threw the ball OVER the head of their receiver and into our defenders (#1 Darius Spencer) hands at the 2:33 mark and he returned it 48 yards to the 12 yardline. Meaning he caught the ball at the Rocket 40 yardline. ACR's TD came when #2 CJ Davis ran the ball in from 5 yards out with 1:07 left in the half. That made it 10-7 as after ACR kicked off, and Alexander Central started on their own 10 yardline (due to penalty on the KO return) and ran the ball to #34 twice gaining 4 and 2 yards respectively, as ACR called TO after the first run. This is the facts as to what happened at the end of the half. ACR scored on their first play of the second half after a fumble by the cougars on a 30 yard run by #4 Alec Gordon with 8:36 left in the 3rd. Then later scored on an 11 yard run by #2 CJ Davis with 1:40 left in the 3rd, and capped off their scoring in the 4th with 8:58 left with a 27 yard pass to #5 Chad Holby from #12 Kyle Johnson. The Cougars ended the scoring with 2:33 in the 4th with a 49 yard pass from #5 to #82. That is how the game went.

3. kidlr

kidlr Junior Member

see, my mind ain't all that bad!

Also, Wise....while im not a coach, and dont question what deal did, I would think that running the clock down as much as I could and make them go 60 or 70 yds with a good punt would be a better decision....infact Deal (the RB) was pretty successful running in the first half......they AC Offense kept ACR guessing b/c they recievers were not blocking so ACR didnt know whether they were running or passing....it worked very well too.

But anyway, its over now and we can go over and over it....i think the better team won, had AC had 1 more good Tail Back or reciever they could have beaten them....ACR is just too talented. ACR figured out pretty quick that AC would go to Harrington all night on the pass so they kept him in double coverage and the defenders were fast enough to keep up with #3....which others teams have not been able to do.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2006
  4. cougar man

cougar man Full Access Member

Ouch, Wise one you must really be embarrassed!!!!!!!! By the way me and everyone around me was (at the time) saying run the clock out. Coachs make lots of calls and its easy to pick out a call here and there that didnt work. We've all said NO, NO, GREAT PLAY a thousand times. Just part of being a football coach. :urinate:

5. RobAC65

RobAC65 By Grace Through Faith!!

oh well

yeah just like alraedy said... part of being a football coach is always being second guessed... thats why they refer to the game of football alot of times as being a chess match between two staffs of coaches.. the pass did look to be overthrown and zeller didnt have a shot at it.. but none the less.. AC played great and ACR came back and showed why theyre undefeated and a champion.. great job to the rockets and good luck reynoldsrocks23 and to ur boys.. great season to AC and hate it for the seniors.. i remember playing with all them boys theyre awesome and wish them the best rest of their senior year and throughout life!