1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Alexander Central-North Davidson

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Wise One, May 31, 2009.

1. softballrocks2

softballrocks2 Banned From TBR

Everybody Else Sucks !!

Could there possibly be more than 2 great programs in the State ?? The great programs always seem to overshadow certain coaches !! There use to be another school that was awesome, but you just never here anything else about it !! Just put yourself in the other 5,000 kids shoes who play in "sucky programs",and how the other communities don't support their atheletes ??? May the best team win !!

SB2

2. Fastpitch247

Fastpitch247 Junior Member

Is that really how you take it?

Guru (oh, i'm sorry, you signed on as softballrocks2 this time), do you really believe what you write? It shouldn't have to be explained but when someone says "two great teams are playing each other", it doesn't mean there are no other great teams. There are expressions out there such as 'going to war' or 'gonna be a battle', or 'that team is red hot'. It doesn't mean they are really going to war or battle or running a fever.

All the teams that remain earned the right to discuss their teams, make predictions, etc. I really hope you are just trying to be cute because I would hate to think someone is that naive.

3. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Read my thread. You won't find any implication that the only two great programs in the state were playing. The state is blessed with some serious programs from the mountains to the coast. I think however that this year the best two 4A teams in North Carolina are Alexander Central and North Davidson. That does not mean that someone else from the east will not turn out to be champs. I am eager to see the Southwest Randolph team play, they beat both AC and ND.

4. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

ok then, lets all agree that there are four great programs going to raleigh in the 4a, but we only hear about our local two because we dont have many members from the other conferences. teams dont make it this far by chance, they have to have something going for themselves as it takes both great players and great coaching to accomplish going to the finals.

this little back bitting bs/insults must stop here. ya dont win because the paper says you're good, proof is in production and thats coming up real soon....so give it a rest.

5. jmundy03

jmundy03 Full Access Member

This should be a great game and I cannot wait to see it. I've only seen ND play once this year and that was in the Tiffany Crouse Tournament at AC. They're the real deal. They are fast. They have a lot of slappers which will result in more baserunners than AC are used to seeing. AC is more of a power team. ND has a good pitcher and so does AC. I don't see experience being much of a factor here. AC has 5 great senior leaders and ND has been here before. This will be a low scoring game in my opinion and I think whoever makes the fewer errors and mental mistakes will win this game. I truly believe the loser of this game will be back playing Saturday night for the championship.

6. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

agree with that take on both teams

7. cdhs3Bno9

cdhs3Bno9 Member

The war..

I remember playing last year, and I know that every game I played I saw it as a war or as a battle. We play these games with all of our hearts, and the comment that Coach S made should not be disrespected at all. I see the game the way that he does, and most players and coaches would agree, I hope.

Should be an amazing game, wish I could be there to support my Central Spartans as well, but sadly enough, I have somewhere else that I must be.

Good luck to North Davidson and Alexander Central. Two great teams and two great coaches.

Go Central Davidson. Make me proud, I love you girls!!!

8. cfastpitch44

cfastpitch44 Full Access Member

Very Intense

Are the State Championships really this serious, that these people actually think that these games are going to come down to one big mistake after 18 innings of blood, sweat and tears of a 0 to 0 score. If you think that these plays want make your heart skip a beat, go watch the games this weekend. I know Coach Sherrill nor Coach Lambros will not sleep well this week, as they both have been here many times.

9. JET - I

JET - I Force B W/U

:nono: . . . This is exactly why the "BIG CHZ" has to come on here and threaten to close this thread down (and many others). B/c everytime someone says something positive someone usually comes back with something negitive. and to come to think about it - it is usually softballrocks2 or Guru so it makes sense that they said that it was the same person...............I don't know if your mad or just JEALOUS! Lastly, "YES" these are probably 2 of the most storied, accomplished, well - rounded, facilities, field, fan base, coaching and anything else wise you can think of........programs in the WHOLE STATE of NC b/c they go for :N1mmmblood: showing a lot of class while doing it. I don't know of many if any programs that have the prestige these 2 programs display year in and year out............(I know there is some good programs out there but they hadn't quite reached this status yet and in the future they may) so it would be highly appreciated when somebodies says something about a 10 don't cry b/c your a :08:......................... AC NATION (over and out:bananalama:

10. hititfar

hititfar Full Access Member

AC vs. ND

As an Ardrey Kell parent that played Alexander Central last saturday and was at the North Davidson yesterday watching the baseball game, I have observed how much these teams want to win. Monte was on fire saturday from getting his girls focused during warm ups with his vocals and firing up the crowd with there awesome display on ground balls in pregame. AC's defense is air tight. Pure enjoyment watching Monte and his staff motivate an entire town and a great bunch of players focused on one prize. As to North Davidson, that team was practicing and busting it well past six o'clock last night. Professional practice with all the girls moving and focused on the next game. I wish the best for both of these teams, play hard and the West bring bring home a championship. Good Luck