1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Alexander Central

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by maverick, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACBall4

ACBall4 Junior Member

First of all we might not have had the best team ever last year, but to say that this team this year is, " hands down better than last years". I hate to say it but that is the dumbest and most ignorant thing I've heard. All the teams they have played this year are not near the caliber teams we played last year. If North Gaston didn't just completely and totally suck AC would only have one win. People said we sucked, but we still won a few games and still didnt get any respect and they have the same record this year but yet when they lost it was supposively because they had cheated. But when we lost it was said that we lost because we wasnt any good. If our team last year would play this team this year, we would win "hands down". If we played in confernce they are playing in this year and the conference being so weak, we would already have at least 4 wins probably more. That we be all for now. "Hands down"?......

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  2. stopper83

stopper83 Full Access Member

HANDS DOWN?????

LOVE THE PRIDE WE'RE GENERATING FROM THIS INITIALLY, NEGATIVE THREAD. HANDS DOWN, I QUESTION THAT ALSO. EVEN THOUGH THE SCHEDULE IS THE SAME, THE LEVEL OF COMPETITION IS DOWN THIS YEAR. THE 2007 TEAMS ON THAT SCHEDULE WERE BIGGER, FASTER, AND UGLIER. I BELIEVE 8 OR 9 OF THOSE TEAMS MADE THE PLAYOFFS AND SEVERAL WENT DEEP. IT WOULD BE AN INTERESTING MATCHUP, THE DIFFERENCE WOULD BE THE DEFENSES, COULD 07' STOP CHAPMAN AND BRADSHAW OR COULD 08' STOP RUSSELL AND MAYES? IT WOULD BE A DOGFIGHT. I'M NOT GIVEN A PREDICTION.

3. SPYGATE 1

SPYGATE 1 All I's on U

:beatdeadhorse5: WOW! I agree with all of you on this topic somewhat, but to say this years team was "hands down" a better team then last year, is insane to me. There is only a couple type people that would say something that riduclous and they are 1st: someone that has not a clue about the game of football or how to judge talent (ATALL) 2nd: maybe has some personal issue with a member of the team from last year or this year or 3rd: they might just be completely blind! I mean Ray Charles could see that last years team is better, no ?s ask.

Let me break it down for you: Like my man said earlier in this thread last years schedule was the toughest in the state, 6 or 7 teams either went to the final 8 or final 4 or the championship game in their sub-division. This year's schedule does not hold a candle to 07-08s and if you go back in your mind you can remember how AC could have won against ACR, EB, SP, and maybe one more team if AC would have had a break or two go their way! This years team got SMASHED by all three!

Look I have no dog in the fight or did I then: but you take one player away from that team or add a player to that team and it makes all the difference in the world! I am talking about the QB from last year for AC, I mean you had a player that could virtually score from anywhere on the field and maybe 1 or 2 other teams had that threat (AC) played! My point is that when you have a caliber type player as that kid most teams win out in high school football, look at history. Last years team is better just simply b/c of him!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  4. stopper83

AGREE BUT DISAGREE

IT AIN'T ALL ABOUT ONE PLAYER, IT TAKES 11, PLAYING TOGETHER ON EACH SIDE OF THE BALL. INDIVIDUALS WIN AWARDS, WELL DISCIPLINED TEAMS, MAKING SACRIFICES AND BEING UNSELFISH WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. HOW MANY TIMES IN YOUR LIFETIME HAVE YOU SEEN TEAMS LOADED WITH TALENT COME UP SHORT? AND ON THE FLIP SIDE, HOW MANY TEAMS WITH LESS TALENT, BUT HAVE PAID THE PRICE AND HAVE BOUGHT INTO THE TEAM CONCEPT, EXCEL?

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Stopper- please turn off "caps" when typing. On the internet that is known as shouting and is difficult to read

Thank you

6. stopper83

My apology

I was smiling when I was typing!:biggthumpup:

7. interestedonlooker

interestedonlooker Full Access Member

they will roll Freedom tonight and beat McDowell, SC i dont know yet.....better than last year? Cant see how you can say that considering what they lost in the backfield.....Is the O Line better? Sure, they are more experienced....and the D is as well....does that make them better than last year?....I guess it depends on what you evaluate.

8. SPYGATE 1

SPYGATE 1 All I's on U

I could not agree with you more stopper / ALL I was saying was some players are very big impact players/ Example: Let's go two levels up, NFL. The Pat's were 16-0 w/ Brady, same team basically, 4-2.... I agree with what your saying but one player can help you win a championship in some cases. Do you think Watagua would have been 1/2 as good w/o EB....NO WAY! They would have been a little over 500 at best and that is b/c coach Snow is a great high school coach! Not trying to tear anybody down, the QB for AC is going to be a remarkable player some day, but my point was you put last years QB against the schedule AC's playing this year, AC's (whatever and 1) would probably be their (AC) record! Biggest point and point at hand is that last years team is better than this years (.Period)

9. Fred

Fred .........

What was the Freedom-AC score this weekend?

10. ACBall4

ACBall4 Junior Member

Freedom won i think 17-7. Freedom might have had 18.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.