1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Alexander Central

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by maverick, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maverick

maverick Junior Member

last years team was better..here is what they both have in common tho..NO BALANCE

reguardless of how good you can pass or run you have to have a good mix to keep the defense off guard.

And IMO it just has seemed for the past two years the cougars find one or two plays maybe three every game and run them over and over again weather it be run or pass.

2. cougar man

cougar man Full Access Member

Truth is neither team last year or this years were great teams, we have a good program that will get better. Harper is going to turn this thing around, Rome wasn't built in a day. We'll be OK.

3. watwatwat

watwatwat Junior Member

This is my take on your team. Last years team was more tallented but this years team plays harder and faster. This years team wont go to the playoffs like last years team did so you cant argue that this years team is better. Just my thoughts

4. Cougars09

Cougars09 Junior Member

Watching every cougar game this year, i think that maybe just a little tiny bit of balance and the cougars win 6,7 maybe maybe even 8 ball games. but all year the cougars either go in runnin or passing, they are the most predictable team in football. I have seen recreation teams with more balance.

5. ACBall4

ACBall4 Junior Member

A hate to break it to u but the thing is last year we had to pass the ball for more than one reason. The first reason was because we were most of the time playing from behind. The second reason is that our passing game was way better than our running and we didnt even have a running back that was truly capable of running in the spread. The defense is the problem for both of the teams this year and last year. Even if we were one deminsional last year we still moved the ball, people knew we were going to pass but they still couldnt stop it. There is no comparison between this years team and last years team. Last years team is "HANDS DOWN BETTER" than this years.

6. stopper83

stopper83 Full Access Member

If you were watching?

Cougar09 if you were watching as close as you say you'd see that mistakes and stupid penalties at critical times of the game have cost the cougars many games this season. Balance is important but execution on every down is vital. The cougars defense has stepped up and kept us in games, but the offense simply hasn't been able to finish drives because of mental mistakes and execution on 3rd down. Enough said

7. interestedonlooker

interestedonlooker Full Access Member

The main thing we as fans can do now is stop comparing/criticizing and show up at the last to game and SUPPORT OUR COUGARS! It's Homecoming this weekend so be there, LOUD AND PROUD!

8. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Well said !!

9. #52stillcouldbringit

#52stillcouldbringit Full Access Member

but didnt u start the comparison?? i agree 100% u need to be there an support them but it was made out like last years team didnt do anything at all when they played there asses off an won 4 games an got in the playoffs..i pull for ac every week my brothers on on tha team an i have several good friends still there.. but to make the statement that this years team was "hands down" better just upset some of us that played last year an some of our fans that still support ac...but i hope they win out an make the playoffs ...just dont forget bout accomplishments from the past....great group of seniors last yr....

ac...52

10. ACBall4

ACBall4 Junior Member

I agree with you #52stillcouldbringit he did start the comparison. And i have only missed like one game this year so I still support the team even in their lowest times. We know football and and we cant stand when someone that thinks they know something about football says something like this years team is hands down better than last years team, it just sorta ticks us off. I have played football my whole life and i am going to continue my career at Mars Hill which i will be transfering there this spring to play football. Wiseone has upset a few people but we just wanted to let our opinion be known. If we came across rash or too strong we apologize. But goodluck to the cougars tonight and God bless them and keep them safe.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.