1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Alexander Central

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by homerun, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I agree. I don't want to be the bad guy everytime, but this thread started out great and it would be nice to keep it this way. Go Cougars!!!

2. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

and it will remain clean, just as Mr Homerun intended. With all the great AC
    Fans, Players and parents who post here on TBR, it should be a fine thread now that the season is underway.

someone please post any results and views on todays scrimmage with St Stephens.

3. CCFASTPITCH

CCFASTPITCH Central FASTPITCH

Smiling down here!

We are glad you sent us the best coach in the State! We have never practiced like this before.If you are going to be better prepared than us, watch out. 3 1/2 hours a day of the most intense drills I have ever been a part of. Good Luck to AC, but you sent us just what we needed. I am a proud member of our team and honored to be a part of something special. I can't figure out whether I am a softball player or in boot camp. Something strange is happening, he can actaully scream at you and make you feel good at it. You will see a differnet team for central this season.

4. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

:D

nice post and i am sure some were waiting to hear from CC players on how practices were going and your initial reactions to a new coach.

alot of coaches/teachers talk that way so Everyone can hear even when its directed at you............hopefully it saves time in the long run! :D

Hope you will post all of CCHS results and join in all related discussions between your practices, games and studying in the Viking Thread.

just curious........who's going to do the catching this year on Varisty and JV?

Good luck to all HS teams................enjoy it!

5. 75gitane

75gitane Full Access Member

ccfastpitch -

do coaches have to scream?

do they scream to be heard?

or to make a point?

best HS vball coach around these parts does not scream ... i saw him during a close match w/ providence in 1997 west championship. prov was on a 5-0 run during the 5th game and his center back could NOT return serve. he called a timeout and he only spoke to her ... no one else needed to hear what he said. he said something like --- "nobody is going to help you. you can do this. let's sideout." AND he said it calmly ... next serve she passed a nail, his team went on to win that match 15-13 and the state championship in a romp.

6. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

Scrimmages went very well Monday with great weather. No brainer that all 3 teams a little rusty from a 3 day layoff because of snow. But it didn't take long to get primed and ready to go. Bunker Hill and St. Stephens both did a great job fielding the ball and AC had a hand full of warning track shots during the course of both games. We start up Wed. and this scrimmage will help set the tone for todays practice. CCfastpitch good to hear you're excited about this year's team. That is what it is about. Good luck right back at you!!!

GO COUGARS!!!

7. FP SUPER

FP SUPER Full Access Member

AC fan, I can' t wait to get the season under way. With North Wilkes coming to town can you say cupcake city. We win in 5.

8. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

I find myself getting way to excited about the season getting started. Guess its the winter blues. Don't know anything about North Wilkes except they called wanting to play or Crest which is coming up Friday, just ready to get started.

9. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

AC vs. North Wilkes

JV
    AC 3
    NW 0
    Chelsey Morris pitched no hitter
    Misty Hefner had 2 hits

Var.
    AC 7
    NW 1

NW came out swinging having some big hits but out defense hung tough.Their pitcher hit the corners and had a great change up. Will be a tough team to play. Whitney Waites, Kayla Johnson, Emily Pierce, Whitney Benfield hit the ball big time. Leah Krohn stole a couple of bases as well as having 2 hits. Hannah Fox and Katie Sherrill caught several fly balls to the OF. Great game girls also can't wait to get Mindy Gibson back from sprained ankle.

GO COUGARS!!

10. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

AC vs Crest

JV

AC- 11 (2-0)
    Crest - 1

Var.

AC 10 (2-0)
    Crest 1