1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Alexander Central

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by homerun, Feb 29, 2004.

1. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!

FPsuper--I didn't see anyone give anybody credit except to the girls themselves as it should be. Any player is coached or guided but it is up to the girls themselves to pick out a pitch and swing the bat. These girls are taught that they are responsible for getting on base, the coach only tells them how. No kudos for coaches up here except for thanks for the direction and dedication. All praise go to the players for stepping up and doing what they like to do PLAY HARD BALL. Sorry super its a different game now, there is no more squashing bugs. (now don't you start screaming either)

GO COUGARS!!!

2. FP SUPER

FP SUPER Full Access Member

I knew this would happen as soon as posted what I posted. I never put anyone down in fact I congratulated the young ladies of AC for playing so well. Now yes they have each player has to hit and has to make it on based on pitch selection, hitting, and hustle, something AC has and is known state wide for. However if you read what I responded to you would see that the team has learned to hit this year and that is just plain crazy. Alexander has always been a good hitting team, because ALL of the players are sound Fundemetally. Each player has taken pride in working hard to get better. As far as squashing bugs, AC won with it for 14 years so I guess it must have worked.
    I wish nothing but the best for AC the rest of the way.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND HER TROOPS :medal:

3. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

Just making sure credit goes to the girls that work hard day after day not to what was. Some girls that play school ball and travel ball for several years are coached by several people. Now to give credit to one coach for any of their personal victories wouldn't be fair. It would be a cummulative effort of direction and acting on that direction by the player.Some girls get same direction and don't act on it, do we still blame the coach, no they are cut. Now I ask how long before you or anyone else will let AC be any other coach's team. Are you going to attribute CC's victories to the past coach NO you want or should you. They are getting a new concept in fastpitch and so is AC. Hope you can get past the past. As far as it being posted about learning to hit, most people only know what they see now and are judging it from game one and don't really live or care about what use to be. The players probably only care how good they play that day and hope they improve the next. Anyway just my thoughts and I do appreciate you're applause for AC. Not trying to spar just looking at it different

4. FP SUPER

FP SUPER Full Access Member

I have left the past in the past,and yes AC did put on a display last night.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND HER TROOPS :medal:

5. xpert_88

xpert_88 Member

Enough is enough, tell why you hit so well. The ump behind the plate made the c'ville pitcher tthrow the ball belthigh down the middle. He would not give her a breaking pitch on the corner. Also the varsity was suppose to play at 4:30 but your JV had to play 7 innings first. After our Var girls set in the cold for 4 hours it was very difficult to play softball. Not to take anything from you, you did hit well. We just came off the Basketball court 5 days earlier. There will be a rematch, so don't dwell on this one to much.

6. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

excellent point on the bball season overlapping with softball.........great 1A basketball program in Cherryville hand cuffs them early in the softball season ever year!

waiting around in the cold is never good, unless their in college.........getting your moneys worth definitely then!

Cherryville, much like all 1A,2A schools have multi-sport athletes that overlap and its just their normal process........watch for them in Raleigh in June!!

AC is right where AC has always been...............playing ball at a high level.

thanks guys for the reports and insight

7. TVille18

TVille18 Junior Member

CHECK THE SCHEDULE!

IF YOU WOULD LOOK AT OUR SCHEDULE ,YOU WOULD SEE THAT THE JVS PLAY 1ST AT HOME! AS FAR AS BEING COLD ,MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHECK THE WHEATHER REPORT BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME!

8. central-d

central-d Full Access Member

I replied to this under high school scores thread so I won't repeat it all here but the jest of it is most decent 4a teams will put up big numbers on the teams AC have played this preseason. Cherryville may do ok in 1a but aren't anywhere near 3a or 4a opponets. This is the weakest preseason AC has ever played

9. xpert_88

xpert_88 Member

Need to get facts straight before you toot your whistle to loud. C'ville beat every 3a school it played last year. South Point, East Gaston, Kings Mtn. and Ashbrook. We do play AC again in 2 weeks in C'ville.

10. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

To xpert88

I hope you will except an apology for any reference to anything negative about Cherryville or any team that graces the field at Alexander Central or any team that we are invited to play. I don't know of any players or parents at AC that don't realize that you don't overestimate or underestimate your opponents. And the coach plainly said that Cherryville is ranked for a reason and do not take that lightly. One game does not size up a team. I for one realize that behind every number on every jersey is a young lady that has chosen to give up her time with family, friends, working, boyfriends (ha,ha), and school work to practice hard every night to play softball and that is to be commended and respected no matter what the score or how big or small the school is. As every one knows by now that Alexander County takes alot of pride in their softball due to the fact of the success of our teams over the years. But I hope we never lose sight that with every foe on the field could be a friend off the field. Travel ball and in later years in college or business you may have to live with the way you treated someone earlier in life. I know our ladies personally and they realize the hardships and struggles to play ball and are being taught and I hope they learn that the other team goes through the same experiences and I believe they will show you that after the game win or lose as you acknowledge the battle on the field with a hand shake and a smile.
    GOOD LUCK CHERRYVILLE IN YOUR SEASON CAN'T WAIT TO COME DOWN AND YES I HOPE THE TEMPERATURES ARE MORE FAVORABLE.(we've put in a request for warmer temps)