1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Alexander or South Caldwell

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by basebellfreak, Apr 7, 2005.

1. basebellfreak

basebellfreak Junior Member

Alexander wins over South Caldwell 3-2 taking first place in the NW4A confrence.

2. matrix123

matrix123 Full Access Member

ACHS vs. South Caldwell

ACHS-3
    South- 2

The Cougars and Spartans both came ready to play tonight, but the Cougars just wanted it that much more. Bryan Corbett pitched outstanding for ACHS and he also had some big hits

Bryan Corbett- 7 innings 2 runs(un-earned) 2 hits 4 k's Win(4-0)

Dustin Harrington- 3 for 3 single, double, triple
    Corbett- 2 for 3 single, double 2 RBI
    John Smith- 1 for 3 single 1 RBI

With the win, ACHS moves to 10-4 overall and 5-1 in conference for 1st place.
    NEXT GAME for ACHS @McDowell 4/15/05

3. NW4AWATCHER

NW4AWATCHER Full Access Member

Lights Out at Alexander Central

I would like to complain about the light situation at Alexander Central. The last two times South Caldwell has played at AC the lights have went out. The teams and fans then have to wait for the lights to come on again. Mind you, every time this has happened AC was in trouble. Awfully suspicious. AC seems to be using this to their advantage. Didn't think too much about until it happened two years in a row. SC had the momentum every time. This year SC had the bases loaded with one out and the lights went out. Momentum gone. Last year(2004) when SC had a 1-0 lead against AC who was ranked #1 in the state, the lights went out. We had to wait at least 30 minutes. SC's pitcher had the momentum and luckily he continued after the lights came back on. Could have "iced" SC's pitcher. You have to wonder! This is only happening when AC is in trouble. I read about it happening to another team this year too. Not sure which team. Any other teams having this trouble? Someone needs to do something about this because it isn't fair to continually use this to bust other team's momentum. Fix the problem. It has been going on too long(at least 2 seasons) or forfeit games in which this happens.

4. rams42

rams42 Member

Lights Out

This is amazing, the light switch is on a pole behind the vistors dugout and right beside the vistors bleachers. Did anybody see Gary Comer leave the dugout and go over and play with the light switch---This is one excuse I dont think I have ever heard----SC got beat period...............Corbett pitched the game of his career at AC. Put the blame where it belongs not on something has stupid has the lights. I agree the problem needs to be fixed, but we are lucky just to have lights in Alexander County our great leaders turned them out on the recreation league this year, we dont have the money to pay the bill. Now thats truly amazing.

5. hollaback

hollaback Junior Member

Most ridiculous thing ive ever heard NW4AWATCHER.

6. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

How often have the lights gone out?
    Does this happen every home game?
    What about during legion games, don't they play there in the summer?
    Why hasn't it been fixed yet?

I'm not one for excuses, South got beat. AC has a good program.

However, if you are going to play baseball of the evening, you need lights.
    Get'em fixed.

7. playme

playme Full Access Member

:rotflmao: any excuse is better than none....

Sorry Braves i can't help it...

Coach Comer probably made it rain 2 years ago too...

could this lead to another Caldwell protest???

Stay tuned folks for the continuing saga of why SC can't beat ACHS...

8. rollin2inthemiddle4

rollin2inthemiddle4 Full Access Member

I think it's pretty funny how someone will blame a loss on a petty situation like this. It's like what was said earlier, SC won last year when the lights went out. I'm also sure that Coach Comer would not do something that low to prevent a loss. I hate it when people try to come up with excuses why they lose. Corbett did pitch a great game that night and hit the ball very well. Bumgarner is simply amazing. I just don't like to see people blaming a loss on a petty situation. Be a man and except it.

9. oldbaseballjunkie37

oldbaseballjunkie37 Full Access Member

Great comment Rollin2inthemiddle4. I totally agree. A great team should come through in any situation presented before them. They should think of it as a challenge to themselves and do their best to overcome the obstacles. Excuses are only reasons to give up and rectify yourself for quitting. I can't see how lights are an excuse however; South Caldwell had more than just that one opportunity to score. If I am correct then they play 7 innings in high school baseball. I believe that they had atleast 2 if not 3 or 4 more innings with runners in scoring position in which they just needed a hit which would have scored some runs.

10. NW4AWATCHER

NW4AWATCHER Full Access Member

I agree with everything you have said. South Caldwell had several opportunities to win and there are no excuses. The boys couldn't consistently hit Corbett. He is a very good pitcher and competitor. But it does take the momentum away to have to wait out the lights two times at their field in two consecutive years. Like I said, it also happened at a game earlier in the season(2005). I am not implying AC had anything to do with it. But they should do something to fix it. It is not a "secret" they have a light problem. Just fix it. But you should know that many people in the stands from SC thinks it seems ironic that it seems to only happen when AC got in trouble in both games. Alexander has a very good baseball program and should be proud. These players(SC & AC) play each other thru middle school and high school. Many of them become friends and they have a good, friendly rivalry. I also admire their coach. I think he is the best coach in NW4A. But lets fix the lights and play ball "fair and square", with the lights on.