1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Alexander or South Caldwell

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by basebellfreak, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

That's called "Home Field Advantage".....just kidding NW4AWatcher:D...but if you think that was bad, you should see the fans at some of the colleges. Mississippi was the worst. The parked their trucks in an elevated outfield parking lot. When an opposing team would bat at a crucial moment, they would flash their lights at you during the pitch...and you better not complain too much because if you were an outfielder, they would throw chicken bones and everything else they could find while they were tailgating. Now that was distracting. But after the game...they would invite you to their party.

Georgia Southern was notorious for turning on their sprinkler system to upset an opposing pitcher.

Clemson would leave something old and nasty in the opposing locker room.(No, it wasn't their girlfriends) You could hardly stay in the dugout.

The point being...for the players of SC, you need to thank AC for preparing you for college ball :D:D:D

2. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

POOR!!!!!!!!!

Sportsmanship, period! Condoned by the coaches? That is the question! :)

3. bubba

bubba Full Access Member

not just SC

A transformer over the first base dugout blew during the Watauga game in 2004; it was tied 0-0 at the time, a real dogfight, and after the long delay to put out the flames shooting from the thing the Pioneers seemed flat and the Cougs jumped on them. That's NOT an excuse, nor would I dare think it was in any way intentional. Remember, they just got electricity in Alexander County in 2003, so just be patient with them until they get the kinks worked out.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

4. rollin2inthemiddle4

rollin2inthemiddle4 Full Access Member

You say play ball "fair and square". I still think it's funny that you are using this as an excuse. If I'm thinking right, AC had to take a break as well when the lights went out. It could have very easily taken the momentum out of them too but it didn't. It's like OldBaseballJunkie said, they should use it as a challenge, not an excuse. Corbett had to get out of his rythm pitching just like the SC hitters had to get out of a rythm so i would say that it was as "fair and square" as you can get.