1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

ALL NPC TEAM!?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by MKR, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Politics happen everywhere, more at some schools than others.

Keep your eyes open and you will see suicide all over the area.

2. al_bundy

al_bundy Full Access Member

What in the world is this guy talking about? Int. Coach: being negative doesn't help anything. And I don't think anyone in Kannapolis is committing career suicide, considering they are 9-5 with that young of a team.

A couple of dark horses for all-NPC:
    Ryan Query, C: one of the best NPC catchers already as a soph; Garrett Sherrill: plays 3b and is hitting well, but I like watching him pitch. may be the best relief pitcher in the NPC, along with that Petty kid they say can bring it.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2003
  3. Wufman

Wufman Full Access Member

All-NPC....

I agree with Al Bundy,,,, theres plenty of positives in Kannapolis this spring. We have an overall record of 9-5, using 4 sophomores and a pitching staff of mostly juniors (also 1 soph). We could've very easily won a few more games too, but we've still managed to beat some very good teams like Central Cabarrus, E.Meck, E.Rowan, S.Point, S.Rowan(twice). All of these other teams are doing well in their own leagues, except for E.Rowan, so yes I think Kann is doing just fine. Our "youngens" just need to get more consistency, and I think this will come as these kids play more.

Also to Al Bundy, yes I like the Query (soph-c) kid. I would guess that he probably has one of the top batting averages for the Wonders so far this spring...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2003
  4. Intimidator Coach

My negatives didnt have anything to do with any certain team as a whole.

I just dont see certain players worthy of all conference at this time, but i also posted there was more games for other players to make an impact.

I just dont see giving awards to players based on what they did in years past

Last edited: Apr 14, 2003
  5. Wufman

Wufman Full Access Member

all-conference

Int.Coach, I can agree with your last comment. Nobody should be "given" all-conference simply based on their past. Some players work harder and improve more than others from year to year. And sometimes, "super" players simply have "down" years and they may not contribute much for whatever reason... the Wufman.

6. greenballz

greenballz Full Access Member

Ryan petty without a doubt is having the best year in the NPC. He is batting now over .600 and has 6 homeruns. If he isnt all conference something is wrong, and if .100 batting 1 homerun cleanup batter Danial smith is all conference something is also wrong.

7. Intimidator Coach

.600 ? I dont know the averages but .600 seems a tad high and .100 seems a little low on the other.
    I would say the Kannapolis baseball team is like the box of chocolates Forrest Gump was talking about. You never know what your gona get, each night.

8. greenballz

greenballz Full Access Member

.100 might seem low but he has batted that about every year, the players say he just comes in and tells the score keeper how to mark it. Ive seen it done.