1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

All-State Announced

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by TomMags, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JavaJoe

JavaJoe Junior Member

softballphreak
    Why don't you give "Daisy Mae" a break, this may be her only chance at 15 minutes of fame.

So what you are saying is: Lets reward the girls who don't hustle and work hard to improve themselves to get scholarship offers. Lets give the award to the lazy girls or the bench warmers so they can be recognized.

Yes 27 offers from NC, SC, GA, FL, VA, PA, NJ, NY, & CT. So don't tell me there were not 27 offers. If its so hard to believe, Why is it so hard to believe that the All-State voting is such a farce?

2. JavaJoe

JavaJoe Junior Member

PS: Where can I find the stats for the State of North Carolina HS softball?

Research it liked I did' Contact teams, conferences, coaches, AD's. Check online. If you were for the deserving girls instead of the lazy Daisy Mae's whose Daddy's are coaches or giving MVP's to just pitchers, maybe you would understand what the All-State award is about. Let me clarify it for you. Its for the deserving girl who busts her rear end to be the best she can be at her given sport, not the girl who you think deserves 15 minutes of fame for being non athletic and lazy.

3. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

you're both doing a good job of keeping this civil and pushing your points across, thanks for keeping it that way....continue as in how do we correct this???

4. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

The bold highlighted text in your post is what I find hard to believe, not the scholarship offers. I only asked if the offers were all softball.

Everyone knows there are many who could have been selected for one reason or another. But to have the stats you posted AND to be nominated, it is hard to believe that anyone voting would not have known about her. And I was curious where you found the stats that rank her 3rd in the state.

The selection process has been beaten to death. No one seems to have a better way to do it than is already being done.

"Daisy Mae" is a done deal. Try to change the system maybe, but why keep picking on "Daisy Mae"? There does seem to be a personal interest with a real kid.

I'm not trying to justify the system, but the effort to recognize the kids is justified and appreciated by the majority, I believe. I certainly appreciate it.

5. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

You're putting a lot of my think into your ink. I've been pretty clear on what I think.

I believe you will benefit greatly if you will take the required online course offered by the NFHS association on the "Fundamentals of Coaching." I'm serious about it doing you good; it's a great course.

http://www.nfhslearn.com

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  6. viking1

viking1 Full Access Member

Javajoe let it rest. You are jumping on the wrong person. I know softballphreak, he is a good person who DOES care. Some of us have had DD's or girls that you coach who do not get recognized. Some coaches just dont submit names. Your girl may have just slipped through the cracks. Mistakes are made. The system is not perfect. Most (99%) are deserving of the honor. You are going to have a very low % who are not deserving but it happens.

7. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

didnt want to do this, but i think its necessary to just leave it as it is right now..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.