1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

ALL STATE PLAYERS

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CFBall, Jun 1, 2003.

1. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

NC has decided to name a "de facto" all-state team, composed of MS NC Softball (Player of the year)Nominees, just curious who might be Your pick in each classification. Shaina Ervin was named NC Gatorade Player of the Year, Ann Raynor, South Johnson (4A) now the career HR Leader in NC(18 total), Taylor Queen,Emily Forbes and Brookes Starnes(LR signee), Melody Edmunds, ALi Manns, (all 3A) take your pick or ADD Some to the list! Keri Blackwelder(2A), Jennifer Hendricks and Erica Beam in 1A???? Let us know you thoughts on this and any suggestions!

2. xpert_88

xpert_88 Member

all state selection

Angie Walls out of Cherryville/1A pitcher.

3. FANtaztic

FANtaztic Junior Member

I'd have to nominate Alexander Central's 1st baseman, Leah Krohn and South Caldwell's catcher, Heather Pritchard. Both these girls bat around .500, do all things well for their teams and definitely deserve to be on the All-State team.

4. CCHSvikefan81

CCHSvikefan81 Full Access Member

Most definately Gina Allen and Teresa Nicholas of Central Cabarrus, both have had outstanding years.

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

CC's Second Baseman.........

She is an outstanding athlete and think she too is all-state material just as the CC players mentioned! What is her name as I have forgotten? Each of the above listed players are on my list for all-state and I know their are more..............so please contiune to list them!

Hope to see vikingfan81 today at the game......I wear RED for alot of reasons and may the best team win!

6. CCHSvikefan81

CCHSvikefan81 Full Access Member

I believe you are speaking of Christina Watson, she is an excellent ball player. I do not believe she has commited an error all season.

7. Tommy_Perkins

Tommy_Perkins Full Access Member

8. Tommy_Perkins

9. Tommy_Perkins

More on Miller

From the Elizabeth City Daily Advance:

“Katie Miller continued to show why she may be the most dominant softball player in northeastern North Carolina.
    The junior pitched three hitless innings and also clubbed a double and home run as Manteo defeated Pasquotank 10-0.
    For the Lady Panthers, it was their Northeastern Coastal Conference season opener.
    In seven games that Miller has pitched in, she has allowed only four hits and one unearned run.”

http://www.dailyadvance.com/sports/...ts/2003/03/29/1048997845.00353.9954.5584.html

Earlier the Daily Advance had done a two-part series on softball:

"It was at one of these clinics that I first saw Katie Miller," Laws says. "After watching her throw for a couple of minutes, I stopped the session and asked 'who are the parents of this girl?'"
    Miller is the prize pupil of "Mr. Tim," and she is helping with the coaching of the beginners at the clinic.
    A junior at Manteo High School, Miller allowed no runs and three hits in her first four games of the season,
    "Katie is now a precision pitcher. She can throw any of four or five pitches for strikes at any time," Laws says. "It takes a tremendous amount of work and commitment to be a pitcher, more than a position player.
    "Katie throws four, five times per week year round. She lifts weights, and she even hits 200 balls a day off of a tee. She is a Division I blue chip prospect."

http://www.dailyadvance.com/sports/...ts/2003/03/29/1048997845.00353.8562.5582.html

http://www.dailyadvance.com/sports/...ts/2003/03/29/1048997845.00353.5733.5583.html

LT Tim Laws, U.S. Navy, is the founder of Pitch A Fit, one of the top softball training programs in the Tidewater area of Virginia (Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake ect.).

http://www.pitchafit.com/

Often high school athletes in this part of the state get more major exposure in the Virginia media than in the NC media. That is why I have posted this here, not to be flooding the board on one player.

Case in point: One of Katie's classmates, Catlin Pruitt was the conference MVP in boys basketball this past year. I saw him play numerous times this year and I also saw junior, Marquie Cook, of Nanesmond River High in Suffolk, VA play several times this year. I contend that Pruitt is just as good as Cook, and that people would know that if he played in Charlotte, Raleigh, or the Tidewater area of Virginia. Pruitt is not known nationally and Cook is well-known nationally, as a google search on both names clearly shows. I just want the top preps of the northeastern part of the state to get the attention they deserve.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2003
  10. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

CCvikingsfan81

Could you provide us with Theresa Nicholas Stats, BA, RBIs, Runs Scored, SB, fielding % and any valuable information other than a UNC signee?