1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

All State

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Ms. Diggety Dog, Jun 27, 2008.

1. prklandsoftballdad

prklandsoftballdad Set my brother FREE!!

Good gosh, come on guys can any of you just be happy for someone for a change. First you belittle the Cobras and Blues and now you're trying to make some of the kids who made all-state feel like they don't deserve it. I'm as big a proponent of TBR as there is, but some of you guys need to get a grip. I don't agree with 8U travel ball but i don't need to dog the parents or players (some of them will figure it out sooner or later) to get my point across. Let these young ladies relish in their accomplishments. And if you don't like the process, step up and do something. I make sure our coach has a copy of the application in hand as early as possible and remind him when the deadlines are coming up. And thanks Pop and the organization for everything that you do.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  2. kmale

kmale Full Access Member

NOT BASHING, but the fact is that there were some kids picked over others that were very much more deserving, furthermore let's not forget they were put on the list by their coaches and what about them, do you not think they feel like they WERE deserving of ALL STATE ( the highest athletic honor) to be beat out by kids in there own conference that didn't even make ALL CONFERENCE, when they did,.................that's my point, that's why I asked the question earlier, WHO IS ON THE SELECTION COMMITTEE? I want to call some people to fix the problem for next year.

This is a Mockery of the system of the BEST players in the state..

Another for instance: We had a player to make ALL STATE when 2 or 3 others had way better stats and just played better all year....

"POP" Just tell me who is on the committee.....
    thanks

3. topdog5532

topdog5532 Full Access Member

Kmale,

Great point, yea the kids that deserve the recognition aren't getting it.
    I can't for the life of me understand how you make ALL STATE and not be selected to the ALL CONFERENCE team. I know in our conference we had kids that didn't make ALL STATE that without question, if the coaches knew ANYTHING about players they would of selected them, but instead they picked players that clearly wasn't as good by stats or ANYTHING else.
    NOT trying to hurt feelings but this isn't rec. ball it's High School and this is suppost to be the BEST of the BEST in the state......Now some of the players picked were by far the BEST in the state but some others wasn't even close.............
    That's why I also would like to know who is on the committee......
    I know they were nominated because I talked to the coach and some of there names were on the Honorable Mention list.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  4. Throwing Heat

Throwing Heat and Catching Heat

30 per division(10 1st team, 10 2nd team, 10 Hon Mention) x 4 divisions = 120 All State Players
    If All District followed the same logic, then it wouldn't be that hard to choose a true All State Team by picking from the 1st Team All District lists.
    That is the best of the best. At least I offered a solution.

5. fstptchdad

fstptchdad Banned From TBR

NOT BASHING--LOL
    you have had 9 posts and all you've done is bash. :thumbsdown:

6. fstptchdad

fstptchdad Banned From TBR

I have got the solution for next year !!!!
    ALL THE PEOPLE ON HERE COMPLAINING SHOULD BE ON THE BOARD OF SELECTIONS BECAUSE IT'S PLAIN TO SEE THEY KNOW WHO IS DESERVING AND WHO ISN'T AND I FOR ONE WANT THE MOST KNOLEDGEBLE PEOPLE TO BE ON THE ELECTION BOARD. LOL

Thanks Pop for all you do for the girls :grin:

7. WndMillR

WndMillR Full Access Member

Home of the Paw Sox.....

Hey...why you picking on Rhode Island??? lol

So you know, the NFCA for their All Region and All American teams have
    15 per team..... which equates to 45 players being named...

1st team and 2nd teams are determined as follows
    1b-1
    2b-1
    SS-1
    3b-1
    C-1
    P-2
    OF-3
    Util-1
    DP-1
    At Large-3

3rd teams members are all "At Large" selections

Quess what.... it happens here also... kids don't make all-conference teams, and then make all region...

All conference can sometimes be a "beauty contest"...and very subjective.
    All region is based on hard numbers....

There appears to be allot of people upset about how the votes went...
    If your all conference system is not working, do something to change it...

It all starts with accurate reporting of statistics.....Until there is a unified system at the HS level, where information is consistently captured and recorded, its always gonna be a muddy mess.....

Provide accurate hard stats, that allows players to be evaluated fairly, and you will see more consistent results....

Now the hard part..... HOW TO DO IT..................

8. fastpitchndad

fastpitchndad Full Access Member

TBR selection commitee. Nominate who you want vote as often as you can. It will be like American Idol for softball.

COME ON PEOPLE!!! Get a grip.

Praise those who made it. If your DD didn't talk to your coach. Did he nominate her. Did he support her. Does it really matter.
    I have a daughter playing D1 ball on scholarship and those who know her knows she is a baller. Not once in her highschool career did she get All State, All District, or All conference. Did it matter, Nope.
    I remember talking to her. "Ashlee you really hit the ball tonight, what was your batting average?" and her reply was "Did we win? My average doesn't matter if we didn't."

9. kmale

kmale Full Access Member

IT DON'T MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUNNY, if it don't matter let's not have it.

If it does matter, just do it right the first time..............

I don't think it is that hard to pick the best players.........

JUST MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!

10. LDFRDGUY

LDFRDGUY Banned From TBR

Who are you to say it wasn't done right the first time? Just because someone that YOU thought should have made it and didn't dosen't give you the right to BASH the ones that did.