1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Amanda Johnston - Southern Alamance

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Pop44, May 14, 2005.

1. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

You hate to hear anything like this happening to anyone let alone our softball family. Sorry, for the late response here. Been out of town. God Bless and our thoughts and prayers are with the family and especially with Amanda.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

From Charlotte and the baseball community, I issue a heartfelt good wishes on a speedy recovery. As cfball stated...please keep us informed

3. nsrtopscout

nsrtopscout Full Access Member

Requested Update

Does anyone have an update on Amanda's condition?

4. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Pops44, when you hear anything.....PM or post, whichever is works for you and Amanda!

5. Pop44

Pop44 Full Access Member

Update

My daughter says Amanda is out of ICU now onto the rehab floor. Doing much better, but still quite serious. Brain is O.K. as she has been fully awake now for several days, and some problems with one of her carotid arteries and clotting I beleive have been fixed now. Last I heard, still problems with motor functions on her left side and lack of feeling. She does have some movement, so with intensive PT, still may gain back full use of everything. Just don't know yet.

Her spirits,I hear, are strong as she can be heard singing country music down the hall and talking about going to the batting cage when this is all over. Amanda has always been a tough kid, mentally and physically... one of the best around with softball and basketball.

Have spoken with dad several times and just wonder if there is maybe some type of venue out there for fundraising or something. Anyone have any ideas??? Let me know - I'd be happy to head something up, just don't know what.

Thanks for the thoughts, I know we're all praying for Amanda's speedy recovery.