1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

American Legion Area III Southern Division Play-off Scores

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Post337Fan, Jun 25, 2005.

1. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Thanks 9nine9,,,,,,, I haven't seen that sheet until now, all I know is what I've been told. Oh well, as long as its predetermined now,,, I can deal with it. I just don't like stuff that seems to change at the last minute.

Although I thought they kept looking at who the highest remaining seed was, I guess the sheet you have seems fair enough. You can't dodge anyone if your goal is the top. You will play them sooner or later...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  2. 9nine9

9nine9 Full Access Member

Couldn't agree with you more.

3. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

I think when your at any level and your season is on the line .. You bet your ass i'm going to battle , challenge , and protest every rule / violation to keep my team playing.
    If i'm at fault on such violations then i would do like the Rowan Coach and the Concord Coach did . just say i'm sorry , didnt know the rule or sorry you caught me.

But when your players work their butts off and never quit on me as a coach .. i'll be damned if i would just lay down and play dead on them..

4. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

I apologize if my post sounded critical. That was not my purpose then or now.

5. tj21

tj21 Moderator

UK7Dook3,,, you and I are cool.

Btw, tonights 2nd Round opener between Kannapolis and Stanly County was rained out. Game 1 of this series was rescheduled for Kannapolis tomorrow Saturday July 2 at 7pm...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  6. markinconcord

markinconcord Full Access Member

Saturday Kannapolis-Stanly County Game

We will broadcast the Kannapolis-Stanly County game on WEGO-AM 1410 beginning with the pre-game at 6:45 p.m. Saturday night if anybody is interested.

7. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Can i be the guy who throws his 2 cents in when you dont have anything to say. I don't know alot about anything but i can wing it.
    :ylsuper:

8. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Full Access Member

You guys just keep winning - we'll be back up there eventually. Right now we better stay here and watch our boys in the first round. They really need Braves, me and the 11 other faithful fans.

Just kidding, but in Charlotte the fan base is limited -- just some of the players' families and a couple girlfriends -- and that is for home games. Away games we try to borrow from the home team...

I'm hoping our guys do well against Taylorsville so we can play Caldwell County in the next round and get up to see Caldwell County play -- another place where folks are serious about American Legion baseball.. But I heard last night that series would be best 4 out of 7 - that's potentially a lot of miles for the TBR bus.

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

11?....we must have picked up some bandwagoneers

10. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Dodgerblues, we have your seats waiting on ya...

As for your "11 fans" comment, I believe we only had a few more than that when you came to our regular season game. The crowds are definitely picking up now in the playoffs. We had very nice crowds for all 3 home games against Concord, and the crowds tend to grow with each and every round.

Good Luck to your own team, but bring Braves & NCBBALLFAN back up the road if you guys get a free night...