1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

American Legion Area III Southern Division Play-off Scores

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Post337Fan, Jun 25, 2005.

1. TTIMEnktown

TTIMEnktown Member

If the rain does continue, do you think that the powers to be will make the series a best of 3 games instead of 5? Just a thought.

2. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

Stanly Co. @ Mooresville

Stanly Co. 11
    Mooresville 0

Stanly Co. advances 3-1

Stanly Co. came to town and did what they had to do. They hit the ball well. They played outstanding defense and got 9 complete shutout innings from their starter McIntyre, who just so happened to be the pitcher of record in the 14-6 blowout at the hands of this same Mooresville team on Sunday. Talk about stepping up for your team. Mooresville starter Tim Sullivan had a decent outing and was lifted after 7 innings and surrendering 8 runs. The Mooresville bats could get nothing going and gathered but 6 hits on the night. This brings a close to the 2005 season for Gresham-Baker Post 66 American Legion baseball.

It also brings to a close the playing career for one Caleb Diggs, my son. Caleb played left field and started every game for Post 66 for the last two seasons. He hit over .300 for the 2005 season and once flirted with the .500 mark before a late season swoon climbed all over him. As a defensive back for Mooresville, Caleb tied the single season school record for interceptions with 9 and had the record outright until a penalty flag thrown in a playoff game at Piedmont took it away. I must admit that its hard on me and the wife as Caleb is the last of our children to graduate high school and head off to find their place in this life. I feel truly blessed to have been his biggest fan. I may check with you guys from time to time, especially on the football forum as I will continue to film for the Blue Devils. Yall take care. Ralph Diggs

:hallo:

3. tools

tools Full Access Member

SOUTHERN DIVISION

GAME 4
    (1) ROWAN CO. 8
    @
    (8) WILKES 2
    ROWAN CO. WINS SERIES 3-1

GAME 3
    (7) CONCORD
    @ ppd to 6/29
    (2) KANNAPOLIS
    SERIES TIED 1-1

GAME 4
    (3) STANLY CO. 11
    @
    (6) MOORESVILLE 0
    STANLY CO. WINS SERIES 3-1

GAME 4
    (4) MOCKSVILLE
    @ ppd to 6/29
    (5) LEXINGTON
    LEXINGTON LEADS SERIES 2-1

4. tools

tools Full Access Member

Hey Village:
    Went through what you are now last year when the last of our 3 boys finished up HS football, baseball & Legion. My wife and I had our little private cry, but we have enjoyed supporting our HS teams this year, (football & Baseball) and the Newly formed Legion team. Seems like we never had that time alone we thought we were going to get. But that was OK too.

5. Village Idiot

They grow up too fast :banginghe

6. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

:applause: :applause: :applause:

VI, i've seen you at game after game , on here posting after each game and you have supported your son and your team .
    You deserve a hand because some parents could care less what happens in their childrens lives .
    You have also supported and gave kudos to other players each time you say something.
    Just because ball playing days are over for now dont mean you have to leave.
    It just gives you more time to wreak havoc here. :woot: :woot:

Pass congrats on to Caleb on a great career and good luck to him in the future.

7. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

VI:

It's been a pleasure reading your posts over the years. It's sometimes a pity that we stay behind screen names, because there are a lot of really great people that I want to meet and share a cup of "joe" with.

Take care of that youngen ... you've raised a fine young man.

8. Post337Fan

Post337Fan AL Post 337 Fan

Area III Southern games today

Wednesday, 6/29:
    Concord @ Kannapolis @ 7:00pm - series tied 1-1
    Lexington @ Mocksville @ 7:00pm - Lexington leads series 2-1

Rowan Co. wins series 3-1 over Wilkes Co.
    Stanly Co. wins series 3-1 over Mooresville.

9. Village Idiot

You guys are gonna make me cr.....................HEY WAIT A FREAKIN MINUTE!

There is no crying in baseball!

Thanks IC and NC..........This Board Rocks :woot:

10. LakeNormanFan

LakeNormanFan Full Access Member

Yeah, there is no crying in baseball, but you just have to pull your baseball cap down over your eyes real hard just in case.

Ralph, its been fun keeping up with your son, reading your posts and watching him play ball and make those great plays in centerfield (I was hoping Caleb had one more year of Legion eligibilty).

Don't make yourself too scarce and don't just check the football forum only!
    Best wishes,
    LNF