1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

American Legion Area III Southern Division Play-off Scores

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Post337Fan, Jun 25, 2005.

1. 29ers fan

29ers fan Full Access Member

Man Lexington has it easy. They make to the final game plus they are in the state tourny.

2. 9nine9

9nine9 Full Access Member

No. Lexington will still have to win another series to get to the State Tourney. Only 2 from Area III go - not 2 from the North and 2 from the South.

3. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Uk7Dook3,,,, no we don't like winning under protest either,,,, but you "just had to be there"...

I'm not going to get into a mudslinging contest about specifics,,,,,,,, so can we just move on?

And 29er's fan,,, Lexington will face the winner of the Kannapolis/Stanly series to get the final 2 Southern Division teams. Then , those 2 teams will be paired against the remaining 2 Northern Division teams to get the 2 state tourney participants from Area III..

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  4. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

Let me add this..............

All three of these teams remaining are good ball clubs. Kannapolis has good pitching, probably the best rotation of the three. And we all know how important that is in any series. They're post season veterans when it comes to playing in big games. Their bats can get the job done as well. Next is Lexington who has been tearing teams apart as of late. They went in to Mocksville, not an easy place to win, and took them down in convincing fashion. Lexington has a very explosive offense and will pose problems for any team they face from here on out. It would be a mistake to say that they are not legit. Lastly is Stanly Co. who has about as complete a squad as I've seen this season, pitching, hitting and especially their defense. They made so many improbable plays against us this season (we played them 6 times in all) it just demoralizes you. They are well coached and play long ball or small ball, grass or dirt, it dont make a hoot to them. Their short porches in Albemarle makes pitchers cringe if you try to jam them inside. And oh yeah, they'll crowd the plate in a heartbeat so your hurlers had better hit their spots and pray that the ump gives them the outside corner or the score board may blow some fuses. I may come and visit some of yall at a few of these games. It's gonna be some good ball but the boss will have the last say as to where I go and when.......yall know all about that too.

5. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Village,,, hope to meet you sometime at a Ktown game...

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

All of us have to hook up for another K-town game...besides I'm having withdrawls from Townhouse banana pudding. I'm ready to go...DodgerBlues is paying :)

7. 9nine9

Actually - as I understand it from the Winston-Salem coaches - Lexington will play the winner of the Winston-Salem/Burlington series and the winner of Kannapolis/Stanly will play the winner of Randolph/E. Randolph. The series starting today (second round) will be best 3 of 5, the next round (3rd round) will be 4 of 7 (since those 2 series will determine who goes to the state tourney) and then the Area Finals (4th round) will be 3 of 5 (since both teams will go to the State Tourney anyway). I think this is right from the "pairings" sheet I saw.

8. tj21

tj21 Moderator

9Nine9,,,,,, I was very confusing, sorry,,,, and I also see where I was wrong. Your right about the 2 divisions beginning earlier than I explained.

But let me explain it like I understand it without naming teams,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when the Southern Division and the Northern Division get down to 2 teams EACH,,,,,,,, the highest seeded Northern team will face the lowest seeded Southern team,,, and viceversa.

Does that make sense?

Anyway, only the FINAL 2 teams advance to the state tournament, so Lexington isn't there just yet...

And Braves, you guys need to come on to Ktown again. We should have a good series with an awful strong Stanly County team beginnning tonight in Ktown, will be in Albemarle tomorrow night, and it rotates each night best of 5. I'm sure Bradley Holt will pitch tonight for Stanly, but we're kinda in a bind right now pitching-wise after a long 1st round series. Let me know if you guys make the trip...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  9. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Btw, if both Kannapolis (#2 South) and Randolph (#1 North) advance to the next round,,, those 2 teams shouldn't play each other because they would be the highest remaining seeds left...

10. 9nine9

That's how I saw it too - at first. But like everything else this legion season it got more complicated when looking at the playoff handout the W-S guys had. I personally think it should go the way you said, but we interpreted the sheet differently. If my memory serves me right this is how it was diagramed on the sheet.

Series A - Southern 1/8 winner vs. Southern 4/5 winner
    Series B - Southern 2/7 winner vs. Southern 3/6 winner

Series C - Northern 1/8 winner vs. Northern 4/5 winner
    Series D - Northern 2/7 winner vs. Northern 3/6 winner

We all agree on this part. Well then it said that the winner of Series A would play the winner of Series D and the winner of Series B would play the winner of Series C. In that senerio, Lexington would get the W-S/Burlington winner. Doesn't seem exactly right to me and I may have misinterpreted it, but it wouldn't be the most baffling thing we've seen so far. Maybe we'll get some clarification soon??????????????