1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

American Legion Area III

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by tj21, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

hopefully the g'boro / rowan series will be a good one... i heard rowan has lost there SS and leading hitter for the year...

2. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Gboro/WS game....

This is unfortunate for Winston-Salem who apparently was giving Greensboro all they wanted; however, as I stated yesterday, this is the rules. They only have a certain number of days to get in each round. I just wonder this, knowing that they had already lost one day from bad weather, and knowing that the weatherman was calling for afternoon rains yesterday,,, did anyone from Winston-Salem attempt to move the gametime up to an earlier starting time. Afterall, you can play these playoff games any "time" of the day and yesterday was a Saturday so heckfire they coulda been out there at 10am if they wanted,,, its not just set in stone at 7:15pm like the regular season. Just wondering...

However, since Greensboro is declared the winner by a 2-1 margin,,,, you go back and take that last loss off Greensboro's record also,,,, because "now" that 4th game never existed. It was only an exhibition and does not count towards records.
    -------------------------------
    3rd Round action beginning today July 18....
    Burlington(26-6) at Kannapolis(24-8)
    Rowan County(23-15) at Greensboro(22-3)

3. rjr4dad

rjr4dad Full Access Member

I don't know the pitcher's name but I'll try to find out. An interesting note about him during Friday nights game... In the bottom of the 2nd inning with one out, Addison Johnson hit a shot up the middle that hit the pitcher on the left foot or lower leg. He stayed in the game but it took him several minutes to walk off the pain and start pitching again. Up to that point things looked bleak for WS since they were down 7 runs and only had four batters come to the plate. Also, their lone baserunner had been thrown out at second in the first inning attempting to advance on a passed ball. After the pitcher got hit, WS went on to score 6 runs in the inning. Maybe WS would have scored 6 runs anyway, but the momentum of the game sure changed right after the pitcher got hit.

With Charlie Gamble, I think every parent in the stands was wondering why WS didn't treat him like Barry Bonds and walk him when he came up. He was a one man wrecking crew. I think he hit at least one HR in every game in the series in addition to getting a hit just about every time up to the plate. He probably had half of Greensboro's rbi's too. My son became friends with Charlie during the series because Charlie was on second base so often! The two of them were able to have conversations about a variety of topics between pitches. Good luck to Charlie with his career! He seems like a great kid.

4. Coach Tuck

Coach Tuck Full Access Member

What is the schedule for the Greensboro series and also the Burlington series.

If Greensboro is at home Monday or Tuesday night where do they play their games.

5. K-Town-Yankee

K-Town-Yankee Full Access Member

Kannapolis 8
    Burlington 2

WP:Ketner

Kannapolis leads series 1-0.

Winner of this series will wrap up a spot in the state tournament.

Game 2 will be at Graham Middle school on monday nite.

6. K-Town-Yankee

Greensboro beat Rowan County in game one of their series.Greensboro won 9 to something.Very hard to understand the Rowan radio announcer.

Greensboro leads series 1-0.

Winner of this series gets berth in state tournament.Game 2 will be at Rowan County monday nite.

7. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Greensboro 9
    Rowan County 1

WP - Trevor Mullins
    LP - Patrick Adams

I didn't get there til the 5th inning and it was a 0-0 game. Greensboro exploded for 6 runs in the 6th. Hit batter and a walk led to a Charlie Gamble 2 run single. Jordan Pegram and Trevor Mullins also had run scoring hits and Andrew Medfield put up 2 more with a home run to left.

Mullins looked like he was in trouble with 3 singles and a walk in the 7th but he got out of the inning giving up only a run. Down 3-0 to the #3 hitter he came up with a big strike out and then got Seth Waller to fly to center leaving the bases loaded.

Chad Baker had a 3 run double in the 8th for Greensboro. I don't know any other stats. Adams looked to be pitching good - just got tired in the 6th. Mullins was tiring by games end but got strikes when he needed them

Greensboro leads the series 1-0.

8. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Game 2 will be Monday night at Catawba. Game 3 will be in Jamestown ( Ragsdale High ) Tuesday night.

9. K-Town-Yankee

Greensboro plays their home games at Ragsdale High School.They are scheduled to play again at Ragsdale tuesday nite.

10. K-Town-Yankee

Wossa......What was the scores between Greensboro and Burlington during the regular season?

Burlington only hit two balls out of the infield against Kannapolis tonight.A fly ball to CF in the 7th was the first ball they got out of the infield.The 3 day layoff looked like it hurt Burlington.I still look for this to be a very interesting series.