1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

American Legion Area III

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by tj21, Jun 11, 2004.

1. K-Town-Yankee

K-Town-Yankee Full Access Member

Kannapolis 10
    Burlington 4

Kannapolis sweeps 3 games to 0. :applause:

2. K-Town-Yankee

K-Town-Yankee Full Access Member

I'm pretty sure I heard that Greensboro beat Rowan 7-5.If that is the case then it's Kannapolis vs.Greensboro for the Area III championship.Both teams are headed to the state tournament.

3. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Greensboro Sweeps Rowan County

Greensboro 7
    Rowan County 5

WP - Justin Brown
    LP - Daniel Cauble

Great game tonight won on a huge pinch hit 2 run walk off homer by Josh Fields in the 9th. Justin Brown pitched a tough complete game striking out 9 and giving up 11 hits. Wade Moore was the starter for Rowan - pitched a good game going 7 innings. Rowan County scratched out a run in the 8th and a run in the 9th to tie it up at 5.

Matt Keply (4-5, 2B and 2 RBIs) got a one out single then big Josh pinch hit for Travis Moore and smacked the first pitch over the left field wall.

Chad Baker proved he was human tonight going only 1-3 and letting the third out in the 9th scoot under his glove in short.

Bring on Kannapolis and looking forward to the state tourney in Shelby.

4. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

woah........good luck. ktown is pretty strong...see ya soon.

5. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Area III Finals.....

Beginning Saturday July 24....

Game 1- Greensboro(25-3) at Kannapolis(27-8)
    (Both of these teams started the playoffs as #1 seeds from their respective divisions; however, Kannapolis gets homefield during this series due to a tiebreaker concerning runs allowed)

***This should be a great series between the 2 best teams from Area III who have only lost 2 games each throughout the playoffs. Btw, Congratulations to both teams for already qualifying for the state tournament later in August***

Last edited: Jul 21, 2004
  6. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Comments on another website....

You know guys and gals, I think we must be doing a pretty good job here on TBR discussing these Area III teams and getting information out,,,, because we really haven't had many questions/comments that raised eyebrows.

Anyway, I was just browsing over on "another" message board (notice I won't mention any names) and some poster asked the following question....

....."is Kannapolis that good?".....
    :applause: :applause: :applause: :lol2:

Sorry, I just had to share that one....

---------------------------------------------

And Braves,,,, I know what you're going to say to me,,, "that's what I get for visiting another message board"... :laugh1:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2004
  7. AUSTIN POWERS

AUSTIN POWERS Full Access Member

TJ21 -- send me a private e mail showing me that msg board with the msg. is kannapolis that good. i need a good laugh. :rofl:

8. Matsui

Matsui Junior Member

can someone send me a pm to that site as well?

9. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Matsui & AustinPowers,,,,, HA HA. Listen guys, it isn't a big deal. I will send both of you a PM but lets move onto the next series.

I am "NOW" hearing that the location of the 1st game (Saturday) may be changed now from Kannapolis to Greensboro. Sounds to me like we have that little "inconsistency train" rolling through American Legion baseball once again??? This is the only problem I have with Legion ball,,,,,, the rules change entirely too much and sometimes the "changes" are really suspicious. I don't know if this is a commissioner's fault, or what,,,,,, but anyway I will pass on info about the location of Game 1 as soon as someone decides for sure.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2004
  10. AUSTIN POWERS

AUSTIN POWERS Full Access Member

I agree tj21, looks like dejavu all over again. I'm referring to last years state tourney where the pairings were changed at the last moment stacking the deck against kannapolis. Looks like the state commissioner is up to his old tricks again. :nono: :nono: :nono:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2004