1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

American Legion Area III

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by tj21, Jun 11, 2004.

1. tj21

tj21 Moderator

AustinPowers, I don't think its the state commissioner, although I "DO" blame him if he don't step in and stick by certain rulings. I understand what your talking about with last year's situation in Fayetteville,,,, but again right now I don't blame the state commissioner. I was told Tuesday night by a state representative that Kannapolis definitely would host the 1st game of this next series with Greensboro because of runs allowed during the regular season.

So what has changed? I don't know what has happened since Tuesday night, except I understand that our area (Area III) has a new commissioner. Maybe this new guy has changed something, but it don't seem hardly fair for things to be changing so much in midstream.

Just like the scheduling change that you mentioned last year in Fayetteville,,,,, when changes are made in midstream or at the last minute,,,, it often makes people suspicious of your product whether its legitimate or not. American Legion baseball needs to work on its consistency with rulings and schedules.

2. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

so whats up with the link ... i want it to...
    just post it... everyone knows we all go to other baseball websites.

i'm sure Braves won't mind..

3. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

hey tj, any more word about whether the first game is at Greensboro or is it still scheduled to be at Kannapolis?

4. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Area III Finals.....

Wossa, I was told on Tuesday night by a state AL official immediately after the Kannapolis win over Burlington,,,, that Kannapolis would host the 1st game because they allowed fewer runs during the regular season than Greensboro. These 2 teams of course didn't play each other, and they didn't have any common opponents either during the regular season either, so the runs allowed would be the next tiebreaker in this case.

Now, after 2 days of the local media promoting this big game,,,,, now ALL OF A SUDDEN, I understand there will be a coin flip. If there is any change, it will no doubt hurt either team's gate for the 1st game on Saturday night because your fans and ours have been told one thing all week.

Apparently "the powers to be" don't care about planning... It would've simply been nice to give the home team several days to advertise this big series in the local media for the crowd and that was being done here in Kannapolis. Now it is subject to change at the last minute.

I will post the results of this coin flip as soon as I hear....

Last edited: Jul 22, 2004
  5. wossa

well you can forget any "local media" in Greensboro playing anything up.

Other than the box scores making it into the paper there has been no stories about the Greensboro legion team and it's great season in the Greensboro paper.

The Jamestown news has run some good stories but it's a weekly paper only, published on Wednesday.

6. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Thats too bad, because Greensboro has had a helluva year. The local Kannapolis/Concord Independent Tribune and The Salisbury Post have mentioned this game since Tuesday and they have been covering this team well this summer with nice stories. The Charlotte Observer will also post the series schedule before Saturday, although they usually just stick to schedules and final scores. Should be a great series, with no pressure since both teams are already going to Shelby.

7. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Area III Finals schedule finalized (hopefully)....

After a coin flip today, the 1st game in this championship series will "NOW" be played "AT" Greensboro this Saturday night...

Let's just play ball,,,, Saturday July 24...
    Game 1- Kannapolis(27-8) at Greensboro(25-3)

8. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

i guess that will piss off the kannapolis bunch... i look for K-Town to win the series in 4

I bet Wossa has pictures of the area 3 commissioner in compromising positions.. Thats why the sudden change in venues. :thinking:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2004
  9. K-Town-Yankee

K-Town-Yankee Full Access Member

The new Area III commissioner is very biased against Kannapolis.If he can hurt Kannapolis in any way he will.If Winston Salem had won the series against Greensboro they would have played Rowan County.Being a 4th place team in their league it looked like a sure thing that they would have played Kannapolis the top seed in their league.The Commish said Kannapolis gets Burlington no matter who won that series.He really thought Burlington would take Kannapolis out of the playoffs.He was wrong.

The rules were set for the Area III finals earlier.Home field was to be determined as follow:1)finish in league standings...Both teams finished 1st in their leagues.2)Head to head....the two teams have not played.3)runs given up in league games....Greensboro gave up 69 runs and Kannapolis gave up 68 runs.Kannapolis should be awarded home field by the above rules.

There is some bad blood between Kannapolis and this guy they made commish and it is really starting to show.It is ashame that the former commissioner Tony Morris had sickness in his immediate family and had to give up his post.He is a super nice nice guy.

The new commish is a real jerk and believe me Kannapolis will get no breaks while he is in control.

Good luck to both teams in this series.There is not a lot of pressure on either team since they both are headed for the state tournament.Let's hope the new commish stays out of the way and lets the two teams play ball and have some fun.

10. wossa

sorry but no.

the only pictures I have that include compromising positions are of the female persuasion... :xyzthumbs