1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

American Legion Area III

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by tj21, Jun 11, 2004.

1. rcbbfan

rcbbfan Full Access Member

I agree Coach but.......you and I both know that there is a certain bunch of fans on the South side of the field that that have shown their own lack of class all season. I guess it was Stanley County"s way of saying "That's enough".

BTW....tj21....I'm pretty sure that South Rowan is now 16-13. Keep up the good work though, you're doing a great job.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2004
  2. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Eastern Randolph beat High Point 7-2 to win that series. Eastern is now 14-12

Asheboro and Burlington were rained out in the first inning. They play today at 1:15 in Asheboro and again tonight at 7:15 in Burlington if Asheboro wins the first game.

3. tj21

tj21 Moderator

RCBBFAN, I'll make the correction on South's overall record, and congrats on advancing to the next round.

----------------------------

The only game remaining first round matchup in Area 3 has Burlington playing at Asheboro which started today at 1pm. Burlington leads that series 2-1 and both teams will move to Burlington tonight at 7pm if a 5th game is necessary.

----------------------------

2nd round matchups so far (to begin Monday July 12)....
    South Rowan(16-13) at Kannapolis(21-6)
    Mocksville(18-8) at Rowan County(20-14)
    Winston-Salem(15-10) at Greensboro(20-2)
    Burlington/Asheboro winner vs. Eastern Randolph(14-12)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2004
  4. wossa

Has Rowan County really played 34 games?

Thats alot of games....

5. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Rowan County....

Wossa, yes Rowan County has been very busy this summer. And whats more impressive is that they played "maybe" 3 weeks or so without the players from West Rowan who were still involved in the HS playoffs. Rowan County played some very tough non-league games early and was only hovering around .500, but what helped them was that they had only lost one league game when the West players "FINALLY ARRIVED".

6. AUSTIN POWERS

AUSTIN POWERS Full Access Member

AREA III PLAYOFFS

Lets hear your perdictions on the 2nd round playoff games:

I like South Rowan over Ktown in :banana: a sweep due to superior pitching and coaching.

7. wossa

Asheboro beat Burlington 9-3 earlier today to force a game five but Burlington prevailed winning 12-2 scoring 9 runs in the 8th to end the game.

Burlington will host Eastern Randolph tomorrow night. That should be a good series.

8. tj21

tj21 Moderator

2nd Round Area III games beginning today July 12...

With Burlington wrapping up the final spot in the 2nd round,,,,, here's what the pairings look like (still 3 out of 5 game series):

South Rowan(16-13) at Kannapolis(21-6)
    Mocksville(18-8) at Rowan County(20-14)
    Winston-Salem(15-10) at Greensboro(20-2)
    Eastern Randolph(14-12) at Burlington(23-6)

9. tj21

tj21 Moderator

...someone asked for a prediction...

AustinPowers, after thinking about it,,,, I don't think Kannapolis has a prayer against mighty South Rowan...:laugh1:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2004
  10. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Not making excuses for the other SR pitchers after Morgan, but.. when Ktown played up at south Carithers was pitching for the first time in 14 days due to all the rain... a short left field fence with the fielders glove coming off was 1 homer.. segars homerun was outside and almost on the ground , he did an excellent job of slicing that one out... and 5 errors ,.. so, if those things didnt happen Carithers leaves the game down by 4 runs... ... I know thats speculating .. just as you say you lit up SR pitching...its however you want to call it.. i think SR is very capable of winning.. although a great task at hand... but ya never know when Ktown might hit a slump...