1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

American Legion Area IV Eastern/Western Division Play-off Scores

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Post337Fan, Jun 30, 2005.

1. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

Anyone: how would I get to the Cherryville field coming from the Lexington area? I assume I would travel I 85....& then what??? I'd like to see Friday evening's game.

2. johndeerebrave

johndeerebrave Full Access Member

I-85 to Exit 17, take 321 North towards Lincolnton, then take 279 in Dallas headed towards Cherryville, pass Gaston College on 279, then left on 150, field is to the left just off 150.

3. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

Thanks...see you there weather permitting.

4. johndeerebrave

johndeerebrave Full Access Member

Oh, I won't be there, I just know how to get there. Very familiar with the area, went to Burns High in Lawndale, my brother played for Post 82 (Shelby) and I know Cherryville like the back of my hand.

5. 29ers fan

29ers fan Full Access Member

Cherryville 4
    Caldwell 3

6. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

cherryville 4
    Caldwell 3

Good game tonight. caldwell lead 3-0 till 8th inning. Reid pitched a gem till then allowing only one hit. Caldwell Coaching staff lost this one. i think they were the only ones in the park that didn't know it was time for a pitching change. With 2 outs reid ran out of gas and Cherryville scored 4 runs all earned.

7. Post337Fan

Post337Fan AL Post 337 Fan

Game 2

Friday, 7/15:
    #E1 Pineville 9 @ #W2 Shelby 5
    WP: Ryan Jones
    LP Dustin Garver

Leading Hitters:
    Pineville: Daniel Cooke, 3-4, 3B; Ryan Morris 2-4, 2B, Austiin Henderson 2-5, 2B; Jonathan Ahearn 1-4, HR, 3RBIs.
    Shelby: Joshn Drwwery 3-4; O.J. McFarlend 2-4; Justin Books 2-5.

Series tied 1-1
    Pineville's Overall Record: 25-4
    Shelby's Overall Record: 30-11

Last edited: Jul 16, 2005
  8. 29ers fan

29ers fan Full Access Member

Man it is amazing how things can change in the course of 24 hours. Caldwell seemed like they were in complete control of the game even though they only lead by a score of 3 - 0 going into the bottom of the 8th. Until this point Cherryville only had 1 hit off of Russell Reid. Then Cherryville gets a runner on first that really should have been threw out but a bobbled ball by the third baseball allowed the runner to beat out the throw. Cherryville gets their next runner on with a clean base hit. All of a sudden the entire demeanor of the hitters changed. Just an inning prior to this point, Cherryville looked tenative and unsure of themselves at the plate. It is amazing how the entire team starts hitting the ball when you can string together a few hits.

Caldwell has played about as poorly as they can play. There are a few hitters who were hitting well over 400 in the regular season who are mired in a huge slump. Caldwell was able to get their leadoff hitter on base many times tonight but to no avail.

The young 15 yr old left hander, Madison Bumgarner, who was named to the All-State team this week will get the start tomorrow night at M.S. Deal in Granite Falls. It is imperative that Caldwell get off on a good start and try to take Cherryville out of the game early. The longer Cherryville hangs around then the more pressure will build on Caldwell since they are heavy favorites to advance on.

9. TROCK

TROCK Full Access Member

Caldwell@Cherryville

7-15-05
    Cherryville 4
    Caldwell 3

Series tied 1-1

7-16-05 Cherryville @ Caldwell 7:00pm

10. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Pineville...... 9
    Shelby........ 5