1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Announcement on Impact Baseball...

Discussion in 'The Next Level' started by BB9er, Aug 3, 2005.

1. BB9er

BB9er Full Access Member

about Coach Austin Alexander!

2. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Heard it a couple days back ... didn't want to comment publically until an announcement was made, since active recruiting was going on.

No question that Impact has seriously upgraded their program/service in a single stroke of the pen. He will be missed at Elon.

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. PersonRocketDad

PersonRocketDad Moderator

ME TOO!!!

Braves, You took the word right out of my mouth when I saw this on Impact this morning!!! And I have another word "why"? :imagestor

5. SMARTBASEBALL

SMARTBASEBALL Full Access Member

BEST QUESTION OF THE YEAR!!! WHY ?

6. yankees

yankees Full Access Member

WHY??

Will this be viewed negatively by college coaches as they wonder who will he get next? And from who's staff?

Or will it be percieved positively as Impact having another knowledgeable person to further evaluate players?

Noticed at the Impact Games this weekend They aren't having a SC team as promoted and in it's place is an 2007 team. Why did they do that? As already discussed wouldn't they be helping more kids if they dealt with the current rising senior class? Just thought it curious.

7. NCBBallFan

I think the "suppositions" and wondering are headed the wrong direction here....

There isn't anything sinister or negative here ... Impact has already announced that he will coach one of the fall teams. In addition, I would bet that he'll be involved in reviews, evaluations, organization and communicating with colleges (just guessing, but that's kind of obvious).

A couple things to remember:
    1. The Alexander's are expecting their first child this November.
    2. The salary of an assistant coach is generally pretty low.
    3. Mrs. A may be out with the child for awhile and away from work awhile.

No reason to look at 2+2 and assume anything other than 4.

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Are you kidding? This is a great situation for both parties, including TBR. Coach Alexander is considered one of the best pitching coaches in the college business. He is widely admired by his peers as well. For him to add some stability to his life and to be able to have a direct influence with many of the best HS pitchers across the state is another coup for Impact Baseball.

And now for the best reason for him to join Impact...................

He can start posting on TBR :D

Last edited: Aug 4, 2005
  9. NCBBallFan

You missed the biggest reason no other college will be upset he joined Impact .....

They won't have to recruit against him.

10. jhbaseball

jhbaseball Member

Impact Baseball vs Elon?

I may get in trouble for saying this because there is almost a cult like following by some to Impact Baseball. I also don't want to disparage Impact Baseball because I believe they have brought needed exposure to players all over the state. But, I don't see how anyone can say that working for Impact Baseball is even close in status to being the pitching coach and recruiting coordinator for Elon. I believe Elon is on the fast track to becoming a top tier team in the Southern Conference. They have brought in some top level talent the last few years and put together another strong class that will be arriving in a couple of weeks. I agree with NCBASEBALL that many of the area coaches will be happy that Coach Alexander will not be competing with them because has done a nice job as Elon's recruiting coordinator. I would not be surprised to see Coach Alexander back in the college game soon. Then again, I might completely wrong with my whole argument.