1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Announcements: Impact Baseball, Moderators, Conferences & other things

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by eatthis, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

I disagree somewhat. I love the site and I know he works hard, but, he always has very few kids listed who are west of Charlotte and Hickory even though they continue to win state championships. I know that West Henderson will start 9 kids this year, 6 seniors and 3 juniors that will "all" play college baseball. Without seeing the list I doubt a one of them are on it, even though Mitchel Pridmore and Cory Rose both threw 3 perfect innings at state games last year. Kevin Allen has had several major league teams send him info booklets to fill out. 4 of these kids were on the state games team. Someone who has access tell me how many West Henderson kids are on the list. It will prove the point I am trying to make that he only covers half the state. I still enjoy the site though. Good information.

2. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

PSA about HSBaseballweb (required reading)

Public Service Announcement

If you are playing HS Baseball with aspirations of continuing your career beyond HS, this is a must read site for you.

Guidelines for showcases, information on recruiting, scholarships --- anything you need to know to prepare you for baseball beyond HS is there.

Bob Howdeshell over in Tennessee has done a great job gathering the information - contributors include pro scouts, college coaches, professional trainers, even articles from mlb . com

Don't just jump for the message board - get the meat first. Read the articles, interviews, pro scouting, and the editorials.

Here is the link -- bookmark it. www.hsbaseballweb.com

For those of you who need a guide to the type of information available, here is a another link concerning (tongue-in-cheek) showcases that will give you a feel for the mine-field out there in high school baseball. I give you "BUBBA"...

http://hsbaseballweb.com/bubba.htm

enjoy....

Last edited: Feb 21, 2003
  3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I must say that HSbaseballweb is the best website for HS baseball anywhere in cyberland

...and I thank Prepster for steering me to this site

:applause:

4. NCBBallFan

Guys, I'm going to un-stick this PSA for now, but lets all remember to :bump: it back up whenever we get a bunch of :newbie: guys here.

5. Braves

Members and Guests

This is driving me nuts. We have three members online and 65 guests viewing the Forum...come out from hiding and start posting. We need your feedback:)

6. reddtroll

reddtroll intolerate member

MAKE ME !!:D

7. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

Not much to say today Braves, our JV team was supposed to play at 4 today but....supposed to go to South Rowan tomorrow but that aint lookin good either.

8. Prepster

Prepster Full Access Member

Those of you who are asking questions about showcase participation should check out the HSBAseballWeb link I've attached below. In particular, read "MWR-VA's" post dated February 26.

"Ages to Showcase" Thread - HSBaseballWeb

9. NCBBallFan

climbing onto my soapbox

The Object of the board.

1. Place to communicate about High School baseball
    2. Place to give kudo's concerning good performances
    3. Place to get scouting reports about up-coming matchups
    4. Place to post honest player evaluations
    5. Place to socialize
    6. Place to reflect some of your school spirit
    7. As many other reasons as you can think of.

Conversations on the board.

1. When limited to 2-3 routine posters, they might as well just pick up a phone and call each other
    2. 2 or 3 people can't see EVERY GAME
    3. Information for everyone else is filtered threw someone ELSE's eyes and you may not trust their judgement. The more opinions/observations present, the higher the likelyhood of complete impartial information.
    4. There are some REALLY GOOD PLAYERS out there that WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT ... and we want to know also.

No-No's on the board
    1. We don't slam players .......... ever
    2. We don't slam posters ......... ever
    3. We DO say if we disagree.

Desired: Minimum participation requirement

1. If you visit the board, at least find a post that you agree with and post a smiley as your comment. It may even be about one of our stupid jokes.... but start posting.

2. Get us schedules so we can let everyone know when the games are. There are associate scouts that visit the board also. You may not care if WE know when your guys are playing, but you may want THEM to know.

3. Give us input about JV players, HS Players, former HS Players that are doing well, college life, what you went through in training while in college

4. Give us tips to share with the younger coaches. Little things to see... If you were a college pitcher and were taught to "watch the knob of the hitters bat", tell us about that and WHY so the players visiting the board can learn.

5. Ask questions. Regardless of your situation, it is not unique. Someone has been there before and 99.44% of people would like to help if they could.

6. Testosterone Versus Team:
    a) We know that JV players are a little higher on the 1st than the 2nd.
    b) We know that Varsity players are a little higher on the 2nd than the 1st.
    c) Think about this AS A PLAYER: If your teammate has picked up the team, done something that was critical in a win, provided extra leadership and YOU DON'T TELL US, how is anyone ever going to know how special his teammates think he is.
    d) Its about "We not Me": Granted - a team is about We..but the Me's make the plays and it is nice to know which Me's helped the We's.
    e) The ones who usually talk "smack" on the board are outsiders looking in - they either don't play the game or can't evaluate what they are really seeing (added later).

I'll get off of my soapbox now..but I may need a ladder....uhh uhh ...can someone give me a hand?????

Last edited: Feb 27, 2003
  10. Braves

Great post NC..that's what I am talkin' about